Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

Yes they do and sometimes I just pity these self employed individuals especially the motorcycle and tricycle riders, they actually pay a hell of a task in a day not considering how much in total they do earn within one day

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes they do task the individual but just that they are not always strict on the tax issues,but I feel the individual who are struggling to survive by running a small scale business should not be paying tax

Well I honestly don't know about that but then it is something big would like to conduct a personal research on and I will try to get the information I need to understand this issue

Yes they do and sometimes I just pity these self employed individuals especially the motorcycle and tricycle riders, they actually pay a hell of a task in a day not considering how much in total they do earn within one day
For the motorcycle riders the only have to pay a certain amount of money which is not even up to 500 naira everyday, this should be about 100 naira... It is them that purposely refuse not to pay , that is why they are harassed by taskforce.

Yes , the government normally charges not only the big company , but they also charges private companies and individuals, that is if you are working under the government l

Yes, in my country, government charges tax on small scale businesses run by individuals via bank and other government agencies. SMEs are very common in my country and are usually charged small amounts on tax base on their earnings and transactions made electronically. A certain portion of their income is charged tax annually.

I don't really know how taxes work in my country since i don't own a business or work yet. I think government tax small business though because it's the duty of every citizen to pay their tax.

The government in my country charges small scale self employed individuals taxes if they operate such businesses on government approved areas for business. I don't see them charge those whose businesses are at their homes
Government have a way of charging both small scale busineses and those that are not formally registered through its mechanism of ticketing and other forms of levy,except one is operating from his residential home.

by the way, my government will no stop paying taxes to small and large businesses, because tax cuts, according to their income, contribute significantly to the country's development.

In my country, despite the fact that the government are not doing anything positively to help the small business , they still charge them for tax every year which is not fair on their side.

Yes, in my country there is one particular state that am studying there, there government make sure everyone doing business in that particular state pay tax no matter how small or big your business is.

I dont really know much about other countries but in my country every business organisation either small or big pay tax every year , i have a small business and i pay tax every year.

Provided that you are a citizen of the country and you are using social amenities then it is an obligation that you will have to be paying taxes. They are usually paying income taxes or some kind of level if you are using the market.

by the way, my government will no stop paying taxes to small and large businesses, because tax cuts, according to their income, contribute significantly to the country's development.
That is how it should be , but it seems this is not happening in our country because all the tax and the money being collected from business owners and other private organisation are being used dishonesty and not for the development of the country.

Most times, I pity most of the motorcycles and the tricycle rider because they pay daily tax to their association and the government still collect tax from them not thinking about the amount of money they earn daily.

From my observation now , I believe that the government will charge you no matter the type of business you are operating. If they are not doing it direct it will definitely be an indirect way and some is how you don't know.

Definitely, the government in my country nigeria are charging and taxing small business owners even though the economy is not even favourable to any body still yet they still try as much as possible to milk out every penny in form of tax from small business owner.

I think that many countries tax the business owners. We also pay taxes in the form of general sales tax. We also pay taxes when we make transactions related to freelancing work.

These are not the only ones that are paying what i called direct government revenue which the tax issue of payment is included in it.the large scale and medium business do pay some form of levy and operation permit as well.

tax evasion in my country is normal. Though I think there are tax charges for small scale businesses. I doubt if anybody pays. Tax payment only comes into play when seeking a government contract.
I don't think that government charge for small scale business taxes here in my country, government only focus on those big business, because charging a small scale business is not really advisable.

My government is always concerned about the issue of getting tax from all its citizens even though you are not working , and they tend to collect tax from the tiny little business .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds