Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🌐 Domain Insights Do you use your domain name as your email address?

For discussions focused on choosing, using, and managing domain names.

Ja sa bong

Credits
Do you feel compelled to use your domain name as email address when starting your forum project in order to make everything look very professional? Does the cost of maintaining the service bother you or it's not going to be any problems you'd worry about?

There are webmasters who doesn't care using any professional emails. They use the plan free Gmail which gives 15G storage for each account.

Which one is your choice?

The very first domain I bought in 2002 is where my email is, and used to be my personal site.

I still keep the email on the domain so that I’m not tied to a provider - I could use GMail but I’d prefer not to give Google any more of my money or data kthx. And if I decide I want to change provider, I can.

If it's a professional site, I use a domain email. If it's more for fun, I am okay using gmail. Although currently working through some issues because Xenforo is not sending confirmation emails via my gmail to new users. (Currently turned that setting off).

I typically will use a professional email on most sites, but on my general discussion forum I just use my own personal email which isn't professional at all lol.

Anything that's linked to the site would be using the Domain email address that's via Gmail that I got mine linked to as a business email. My personal email is with Hotmail and that's not linked, I keep that as personal as I can ;)

I have two emails associated with my domains, but I don't use them - with the exception of one being linked to my Indeed resume, but I don't check that email.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor