Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you play Chess?

Mike30

Renowned member
Bronze Member
Credits
Do you play Chess?
What app or website do you use to play online? (if any)
I play on chessfriends .com and at Chess .com
my username on both is (MikeChessy) if you would like play with me :)

Last edited:
I've played IRL chess a few times, but I don't recall ever playing it online. I'm not overly fond of the game. I think I played with the Harry Potter chess set before. Having The Lord of the Rings chess set, mainly for collectors' purposes, would be sweet!

Do you play Chess?
What app or website do you use to play online? (if any)
I play on chessfriends .com and at Chess .com
my username on both is (MikeChessy) if you would like play with me :)
Soon as I get a little time free I might just see ya there. I've been playing since I was about 6 - 7 years old :) and love the game, just not many people that play these days seems like.

Soon as I get a little time free I might just see ya there. I've been playing since I was about 6 - 7 years old :) and love the game, just not many people that play these days seems like.
I have passion for chess :) I also started playing around 7. I was the only kid playing with grown up guys on my neighborhood. They used to like to play with me :)
I used to skip school too to stay playing until my mom caught me lol...

Sometimes on the plane if I’m super bored. And weirdly sometimes when I’m warming up on the treadmill at the gym haha

I used to play chess in school with my classmates. I quit playing after everyone started beating me all of the time. One guy in high school wanted me to join the chess club so he could teach me to be a better player. I turned down his offer for social reasons lol.

I used to play chess in school with my classmates. I quit playing after everyone started beating me all of the time. One guy in high school wanted me to join the chess club so he could teach me to be a better player. I turned down his offer for social reasons lol.
lol... Every time you loose is an opportunity to create the desire to improve to learn more. I had been there too :) And also, when you are young, the social pressure influence a lot because chess "is boring". When I was 13, someone told me that chess would help me for life. I did not understand what he meant, but, I never forgot that. And today I can say he was right. All my kids are required to play chess at home. They don't need to be experts, but it's good for their brain.

Was alright in my teens, then taught my brother how to play. He beat me, not played since.
Wouldn't have a clue how to play now. Pawns move forward is the extent of my knowledge now-a-days.

Sometimes I play on chess.com I’m not really good or know many strategies just play for fun.
I also play for fun, just to keep the brain active. But I can't negate I like to see my scores going up and down :)
I notice through my score how I am doing. Sometimes when I am sharp I reach almost 1800. And when I suck going down to the 1400s :)

I've never played chess. I've considered it, but I have never fully tried and when people try to explain I just lose my focus. It's not the game for me I think. XD

I find it cool when people play it, but I personally don't. I play checkers very well though. I prefer that one.

I don't play chess much as I've never understood the game too well.
My older brother tried to teach me chess last year at Christmas, but haven't played it since.

I can play chess but I am not an expert at it or close to it. I used to play on my phone all the time then played with some friends but of course, I would lose a majority of those games but haven't played in forever now.

Well... here's me punishing that annoying 'Lily' bot the other day:

View attachment 3117

She had the nerve to say "I'm better than you, accept it"... so I went and smothered-mated her!
Yeaaaaaa @Kyng of chess :D
Oh wait, do I mean you’re amazing at chess or you’re head of the army on the chess board? :p

I can play chess but I am not an expert at it or close to it. I used to play on my phone all the time then played with some friends but of course, I would lose a majority of those games but haven't played in forever now.
Same (as for playing online and on my phone). My chess.com rating remained steady between 600-700. See @Kyng I suck compared to you 😿

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor