Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you play Chess?

Yeaaaaaa @Kyng of chess :D
Oh wait, do I mean you’re amazing at chess or you’re head of the army on the chess board? :p

Same (as for playing online and on my phone). My chess.com rating remained steady between 600-700. See @Kyng I suck compared to you 😿
Awww, thanks :D !

Probably just that I'm the head of the army on the chess board XD. I have just hit a personal all-time high rating (1540), but I still have a lot to learn :p .

Awww, thanks :D !

Probably just that I'm the head of the army on the chess board XD. I have just hit a personal all-time high rating (1540), but I still have a lot to learn :p .
Chess, just like software development, is one where you can never stop learning and improving :D

I'm actually not good at it, my spatial awareness and reasoning is lacking (but I'm that way away from the chessboard, can't navigate, can't judge distance)

I'm actually not good at it, my spatial awareness and reasoning is lacking (but I'm that way away from the chessboard, can't navigate, can't judge distance)
my spatial awareness is lacking too, i get confused with directions easily and struggle to understand sequence of moves.

my spatial awareness is lacking too, i get confused with directions easily and struggle to understand sequence of moves.
Yeah, especially with those bishops sneaking up on you from the other side of the board!

Even Magnus Carlsen missed one once:

(I'm not one to talk, though... I've missed these long-range bishop moves countless times before!)

Yeah, especially with those bishops sneaking up on you from the other side of the board!

Even Magnus Carlsen missed one once:

(I'm not one to talk, though... I've missed these long-range bishop moves countless times before!)

For me it’s more the having to think through multiple possible scenarios

Well, I think this might be one of the best moves I've ever played:

Screenshot 2024-03-25 223346.png

After 1...hxg5 2. Qxg5 (threatening Qxg7#) Ne8 3. h6, my h-pawn marched up the board and gobbled some pieces :p .

(According to the engine, the immediate 2. h6 would've been even better: would've come with a deadly mating attack that Black couldn't stop without giving up copious amounts of material!)

Well, black probably would not have been that dense and pulled the knight back, but for sure a hard spot to be in for black there. My playing style would have had me focused on the knight there.

From there it shouldve been checkmate in two :)
If it's black's turn, I don't see mate in two. By moving the knight to e8 after taking rook h6-g5. I can also see other moves that is not mate just yet.

Also, bare in mind that I only recently started back playing after a years long break on chess.com. So far Im playing at around a 900 (give or take a little). I'm rusty but it's coming back to me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor