Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you need to be an expert in your field to become a manager?

The managing of something actually requires that you should be taking decisions that is going to affect that thing or to make it become better. This means that you should definitely have a little knowledge about the industry but it is not compulsory that you have to be an expert.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, to be a really good and professional manager an individual must have ample knowledge and enlightenment about the firm or business which he or she intends to manage this would give them an edge in terms of product quality and customer expectations from the business.

The need to have the required knowledge around your niche to become a manager. It doesn't necessarily mean that you should be an expert before you will become a manager.

I have always advocated that you should at least have an entry knowledge about that particular field before you will try to become a manager . This is very important because you are going to be managing I'm taking critical decisions and as such that knowledge or experience is very important.

Learning is a gradual process and you don't have to be an expert or a professional in your field to become a manager , all you need is to keep learning the work and you can pick up many things from there.

Yes been an expert in your field will do really helped you In the position of a manager because you are been familiar with almost all the sector of what you are dealing with. That will makes things even more easier for you to handle.

Being a professional in your field of work will be an added advantage to you because the work will be somehow easier to handle but you can also learn and grow if you are a novice.
Yes been an expert in your field will do really helped you In the position of a manager because you are been familiar with almost all the sector of what you are dealing with. That will makes things even more easier for you to handle.

I doesn't really mean you have to be an expert in your field for you to become a manager, all you need to is learn from your senior colleagues and grow from there. With the experience you acquired from will help you manage the firm when finally be manager.

Experience is something that can be able to come in handy when ever you are tasked with the opportunity of becoming a manager but I do not think that it is completely a guarantee. You can be able to become a very good manager with as little knowledge as you have about that Industry.

In many organisations, the people occupying the managerial sits are often experts. The managerial position is a sensitive post that should be managed by professionals.

Its very clear that to be a manager you need to have a good quality of a leader and at the same you need to be an expert in your field of deciple so you can discharge your work perfectly,some firm wont even hire you if you are not perfect in your area of specialization

Normally in order for you to become a manager in your line of business , you must be an expert in the field and you must know practically everything in order to be a succesful manager.

I don't think you need a expert in your field,all you need is the idea and experience,you can be a expert but you won't run the field as is expected, all you need is experience.
I totally agree with you on this assertion,because one does not neccessarily need to be an expart in his field to be able to function as a good manager,his experience would do that for him,which is what really matters.

Since being a manager means being in a level that is higher than a normal worker/employee than it absolutely mean that he would have to be better than a normal worker in that specific job. He will have to know things better than them and to know how to do them better, so he will be able to help them after all he is the manager he is the one who is in charge and who has the responsibility to take care of his workers. I've always seen managers who know things better than normal workers and I was really impressed, it seems that in Israel the owners choose managers wisely, only those who fit to the job which is a very wise move of them and I am glad that this is the case, because a manager who won't be able to help a worker is an unsuccessful manager in my opinion.

Actually you need to have a higher skill than the ordinary workers in the company in order to know when there's a mistakes in your workers work in the company as a manager, you need special skill and solution to any mistakes your workers make.

It will not be necessary that you will become an expert before you could be a manager of a business but it is very important that you have the basic knowledge that is needed to run it.

Yes, this is very important. Even if you are being given a position as a manager , you would be asked the level of experience, knowledge. Being a manager is not just for anyone but you must be qualified educationally and experience

Being an expert in your field of study is very important because you need to know everything concerning the business in order to handle it perfectly as a manager , so you need to be an expert
Yes, this is very important. Even if you are being given a position as a manager , you would be asked the level of experience, knowledge. Being a manager is not just for anyone but you must be qualified educationally and experience

Being an expert in your field of study is very important because you need to know everything concerning the business in order to handle it perfectly as a manager , so you need to be an expert
So then what of other people who are fun of employing their family members as managers in their business , even when these family members do not have deep understanding of what the business is all about ?

Management is different from leader and sometimes you cannot just manage something without an understanding of what you are doing. A leader in the other hand can just be anyone and mostly this is always due to the advancement in age. It will be difficult to be a manager when you don't understand what you are trying to manage.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds