Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you need to be an expert in your field to become a manager?

So then what of other people who are fun of employing their family members as managers in their business , even when these family members do not have deep understanding of what the business is all about ?
I understand you quite right because I have also seen people recruiting their family members and their friends that doesn't have experience with the field of work as their manager which always later affect the business negatively.

Advertisement Placeholder
you can only must be learned. In the event that you need to ended up a subject matter master, make room in your life to memorize unused things and develop unused aptitudes. You'll do this by taking courses—such as online classes and You need to adjust that with encounter.

I understand you quite right because I have also seen people recruiting their family members and their friends that doesn't have experience with the field of work as their manager which always later affect the business negatively.
I do not see the need and a lot of people are doing this just because they just want to make the business a family business. It not easy. I rather employ qualified people than employing family member

A manager don't necessarily need to be an expert in that field. As far he or she can has a good interpersonal and managerial skills, the person can do the job.
Of course yes, you don't need to become expert in your field as far as you can manage the business as well, because most managers you see today didn't related to any of field in order to be expert.

Definitely, you can not manage a business you don't have knowledge about efficiently as you will to the one of your area of specialization.so you must have an intdepth knowledge before you can think of managing a business.

Well, it's not necessary to be an expert in your field before you'll become a manager.. you only need to have a managerial skill. You can hire those that are experts. You can only have a fringe knowledge about it

You do not have to be a complete expert in a particular field before you can manage people but having some knowledge up to some extent year is going to help you in achieving that.

You do not have to be a complete expert in a particular field before you can manage people but having some knowledge up to some extent year is going to help you in achieving that.
Though i prefer being an expert in my field before becoming a manager so that I can handle and control every aspect of the business perfectly but sometimes you dont really need to know all because you will always have a helping hand.

It's not in all fields of employment that you need to become an expert to attain to manger level. There are specific fields and professions where you need to be an expert in to become a better manager like doctors and engineers. But some fields don't require this.

With my experience , its not necessary for you to know everything concerning an organisation before you become the manager , you can simply start learning by focusing on the workers when they starts working.

Yeah being an expert would be of great help but that's not necessarily the deciding quality, the qualities of a good manager isn't always about the job at hand even personal character would go a long way
The thing about being an expatt in your field is that it will make you to become a refrence point and an authority in that sector,you will be able to dictate the pace at what you are doing in that sector.
Yeah being an expert would be of great help but that's not necessarily the deciding quality, the qualities of a good manager isn't always about the job at hand even personal character would go a long way
The thing about being an expatt in your field is that it will make you to become a refrence point and an authority in that sector,you will be able to dictate the pace at what you are doing in that sector.

Management requires more soft skills (communication, leadership, presentations skills, time Management...), if you're an expert in your field but you don't have these skills then you will fail to lead your company.

Usually, in companies, it started from a position where you'll learn the field, and then with years of experience, they will promote you to a manager.

Actually there is no absolute necessity to be perfect before becoming a manager but practice makes perfection. you have to start before you can be able to build yourself more available for the task.

Definitely, you can not manage a business you don't have knowledge about efficiently as you will to the one of your area of specialization.so you must have an intdepth knowledge before you can think of managing a business.
I couldn't agree less with you as a manager , you need to at least know the basic of the work for you to be able to manage the business effectively , you need the knowledge of the business.

Having to wait to become an expert can take you a long period of time and you might end up losing interest in it. Trying to be experts can also make someone tensed up. Why not employ someone who has the skill and knowledge to work for you once you have the capital for it. Then you learn it gradually with time, and learning it carefully can make one develop passion for it, and you'll see yourself becoming perfect and doing it just fine.

Having to wait to become an expert can take you a long period of time and you might end up losing interest in it. Trying to be experts can also make someone tensed up. Why not employ someone who has the skill and knowledge to work for you once you have the capital for it. Then you learn it gradually with time, and learning it carefully can make one develop passion for it, and you'll see yourself becoming perfect and doing it just fine.
Being an expert isn't a perequisite to running a business organization. You are good to go once you have the necessary skills that are relevant to the organization or business.

Being an expert isn't a perequisite to running a business organization. You are good to go once you have the necessary skills that are relevant to the organization or business.
As a manager of an organisation, you are expected to have the necessary skills to handle the business perfectly , I mean having the relevant skill in the field of work and not other skill .

As a manager of an organisation, you are expected to have the necessary skills to handle the business perfectly , I mean having the relevant skill in the field of work and not other skill .
Having relevant skills is quite important to become a good manager. However, you can still appoint someone who is an expert to take charge of the business on your behalf.

Actually there is no absolute necessity to be perfect before becoming a manager but practice makes perfection. you have to start before you can be able to build yourself more available for the task.
A manager doesnt need to be perfect in your line of work to be a manager , you just need to have just some idea concerning the business, all you need is to take car and manage the business.

A manager doesnt need to be perfect in your line of work to be a manager , you just need to have just some idea concerning the business, all you need is to take car and manage the business.
I understand your point. But there are some businesses or fields that you must be an expert before you're able to manage or lead other employees under you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds