Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you need to be an expert in your field to become a manager?

I understand your point. But there are some businesses or fields that you must be an expert before you're able to manage or lead other employees under you.
Actually management most especially in terms of business, doesn't need perfection because alot of people who claim to be perfect are always failing. just keep trying and you will be great.

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually management most especially in terms of business, doesn't need perfection because alot of people who claim to be perfect are always failing. just keep trying and you will be great.
I am simply emphasizing that there are other skills a manager must possess in addition to the basic skills of the business. You must have good leadership and managerial skills in order to lead effectively.

You don't need to become an expert before starting a business but you can start a business to become an expert. Though there are some skills that are good but not mandatory at a moment.

I don't think so but it's necessary to have little experience about the business anyway.thats why we have short term courses one can enroll in to get knowledge about a particular field.

Personally I believe that it is going to serve you better if you are an expert in the field where you are before you become a manager because the experience and knowledge is going to help you to run everything perfectly.

Personally I believe that it is going to serve you better if you are an expert in the field where you are before you become a manager because the experience and knowledge is going to help you to run everything perfectly.

There are many experts who tend to become managers in a company because they have a lots of experience when it comes to the field. Usually it takes a lots of time for many people to become a professional. They have to learn many things under the guidance of a professional in order to become an expert themselves.

I don't think you need to be an expert, but it certainly does help when it comes to running or managing a business. It's not an easy task. Being a manager is different based on the job you have. Some manager jobs are fairly easy, while others not so much. It depends on what the job is and what you're good doing.

There are many experts who tend to become managers in a company because they have a lots of experience when it comes to the field. Usually it takes a lots of time for many people to become a professional. They have to learn many things under the guidance of a professional in order to become an expert themselves.

This is actually the reason why I am always in support of not being in a rush when it comes to making anyone a manager without the person having been committed to the company for a long time. This is because that is the only way you can know for certain that the person will be able to do well.

To become a manager, it is not always necessary to be an expert in the field you will be managing. While having expertise in the field can be beneficial, managerial roles typically require a different set of skills and responsibilities than technical or specialized positions.

To become a manager, it is not always necessary to be an expert in the field you will be managing. While having expertise in the field can be beneficial, managerial roles typically require a different set of skills and responsibilities than technical or specialized positions.

If you are an expert in the field where you are expected to become a manager, it is actually a very big bonus but it doesn't really mean that it is the only thing that is required for someone to be a manager in any department of a company where he or she is working.

This is actually the reason why I am always in support of not being in a rush when it comes to making anyone a manager without the person having been committed to the company for a long time. This is because that is the only way you can know for certain that the person will be able to do well.

Selecting the best manager for the job could be a really hard thing to do. You have to look at the current performance and the previous record of an employee who may be the right kind of candidate when it comes to getting selected as an employee. This is quite crucial thing.

Selecting the best manager for the job could be a really hard thing to do. You have to look at the current performance and the previous record of an employee who may be the right kind of candidate when it comes to getting selected as an employee. This is quite crucial thing.

Your work record and achievements is going to speak to a great deal for you whenever there is a need for a company to appoint a business manager. That's because if your track is very good, there is a high chance that you're going to be picked for the job.

Your work record and achievements is going to speak to a great deal for you whenever there is a need for a company to appoint a business manager. That's because if your track is very good, there is a high chance that you're going to be picked for the job.

This is why there are certain kinds of people who try their best in order to make their resume look much better. They tend to add many things to their resume. Apart from experience, they also add any additional courses they may have pursued in the past. This could enhance their chances of getting a job.

This is why there are certain kinds of people who try their best in order to make their resume look much better. They tend to add many things to their resume. Apart from experience, they also add any additional courses they may have pursued in the past. This could enhance their chances of getting a job.

There is no limit to knowledge anyone can have which is why even if before someone is promoted to a manager, you should try and also rack up a lot of knowledge that is most likely going to help you tomorrow if you are appointed in that position.

There is no limit to knowledge anyone can have which is why even if before someone is promoted to a manager, you should try and also rack up a lot of knowledge that is most likely going to help you tomorrow if you are appointed in that position.

The fact of the matter remains that being a manager is a skill and I think that it is one of the most useful skills. This allows a person to become a leader and help them to lead people in any setting. The fact remains that experience is also quite important as well if you work as a manager and you may encounter many new challenges.

The fact of the matter remains that being a manager is a skill and I think that it is one of the most useful skills. This allows a person to become a leader and help them to lead people in any setting. The fact remains that experience is also quite important as well if you work as a manager and you may encounter many new challenges.
Although I think you have to have advanced skills in your business area to be a manager, I also think that as you say, you have to have leadership skills and charisma to be a manager, this is something that you also have to work on apart from your professional skills in your professional field.

Although I think you have to have advanced skills in your business area to be a manager, I also think that as you say, you have to have leadership skills and charisma to be a manager, this is something that you also have to work on apart from your professional skills in your professional field.

I think this is why so many people pursue internships as well. They do this so that they could get a better job and could gain some experience in the first place. The fact of the matter remains that internships can help many people. Many banks in my country offer paid internships to internees.

I believe that anyone who is better suited to be appointed a manager based on their skill they person possess and also the knowledge the person have in managing the business, will always stand a better chance of being chosen first.

I believe that anyone who is better suited to be appointed a manager based on their skill they person possess and also the knowledge the person have in managing the business, will always stand a better chance of being chosen first.

Well, there are many people who usually progress a lot and get promoted as they may be performing too well. This is the main reason why they get promoted in the first place. When it comes to promoting employees, employers usually consider many things such as performance, skills, and experience.

Well, there are many people who usually progress a lot and get promoted as they may be performing too well. This is the main reason why they get promoted in the first place. When it comes to promoting employees, employers usually consider many things such as performance, skills, and experience.

For someone to be promoted to the level of becoming a manager in any company where he is working, there must be a good record of hard work and unimaginable results from the person's portfolio that is going to back of the management to give him the role of a manager.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds