Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you like to start a business on your own? Or with a partner?

Well, for me it will depend mainly on the nature of the business I would like to start. If the business involved large capital or various technical management skills that I know l can't manage the operations of the business on my own, then l would opt for partnership with documents being signed in the law court.

Well, if you are not able to invest a huge capital, then you may go for small investment and start a small business. This is good option for those who do not have enough money to invest.

Advertisement Placeholder
The thought of starting your own company is unquestionably overwhelming. There are several variables to take into consideration, such as the decision to launch your start-up with investors or all on your own. You are embarking on a vision of your own, or is the vision shared with a team? Going it alone will definitely give you your business total autonomy and power, but a partner will encourage you to grow into a more dynamic approach.

For me, I like to start a business with a partner simple because of my 3 main reason.

a. Checks and Balances
Your ideas all sound incendiary to you, but what about the whole world? With a team approach, when testing out new ideas, products and services, and markets, your partners can serve as your sounding board. Their input may be invaluable, particularly when you're first starting up. When you are brainstorming and problem-solving, they can also serve as an additional source of creativity. As the saying goes, two minds (or more) are better than one.

b. Diversifying Expertise
Only in so many ways would you be an expert. You can broaden the scope of your business by selecting partners with different expertise. This will increase your client base, which will improve your earning potential. Partners with varying skill sets can also aid in distributing the workload.

c. Dividing the Risk
Multiple sources of cash flow can mean having partners, which will undoubtedly benefit your business during both the start-up and growth phases. Among other individuals, the risk of your investment will be shared, which will shield you if your business doesn't turn out as expected. Also, don't discount the psychological advantage of having partners, knowing that you're not alone in your efforts can help you feel safer when the entrepreneurial road gets rough.

Soo far these are my reasons why I like to start a business with a partner, and how about you?
There are some business which an individual don't need partner such business you run it on your own, but the one that require partner I think you can get a partner most especially if it is a big business

With high or low capital, I prefer to start a business on a personal level so as to avoid unforseen circumstances, to be well calculated in critical in decision making without external influence and backlash.

I like to experiment a lot of things with my business. this is the reason why I can't go into business with someone else even my close relative. I don't want to be under the impression of what my partners might be thinking with every business move I made.

Going into a smaller business with less stress I'll prefer running it alone and watch it grow, if I need more hands then I can consider it as an option.

I prefer to start a business on my own because I like to have control. I am a kind of person who like to experiment different things. Having my own business will give me opportunity to do that.

I prefer to start a business on my own to avoid trust issues with a partner that will cause the business to collapse.

If am in a position to choose between the two options then I will most likely go for starting up a business on my own. I don't really like the idea of partnering with someone for a business startup

It is always lack of capital or other challenges that always makes some people to engage into business with others ,but people will not naturally be interested to start up a business with most people because of the risks involve, most especially if you are not dealing with trusted people.

Personally I prefer my personal or individual business because it's more easy to run and profitable in all ways, your own will always be your own but when it's comes to partnering there are of issues that arises from it

If I have the capital required to start a business, I would prefer starting a business on my own without going into partnership with anyone. A sole proprietorship has many advantages such as fast decision making and little bureaucracy.

I am a person who likes to experiment a lot of things and the same thing goes for business building. There are some things I might intended to do and my partner may not like it. So I prefer to start my business on my own.

The thought of starting your own company is unquestionably overwhelming. There are several variables to take into consideration, such as the decision to launch your start-up with investors or all on your own. You are embarking on a vision of your own, or is the vision shared with a team? Going it alone will definitely give you your business total autonomy and power, but a partner will encourage you to grow into a more dynamic approach.

For me, I like to start a business with a partner simple because of my 3 main reason.

a. Checks and Balances
Your ideas all sound incendiary to you, but what about the whole world? With a team approach, when testing out new ideas, products and services, and markets, your partners can serve as your sounding board. Their input may be invaluable, particularly when you're first starting up. When you are brainstorming and problem-solving, they can also serve as an additional source of creativity. As the saying goes, two minds (or more) are better than one.

Only in so many ways would you be an expert. You can broaden the scope of your business by selecting partners with different expertise. This will increase your client base, which will improve your earning potential. Partners with varying skill sets can also aid in distributing the workload.

c. Dividing the Risk
Multiple sources of cash flow can mean having partners, which will undoubtedly benefit your business during both the start-up and growth phases. Among other individuals, the risk of your investment will be shared, which will shield you if your business doesn't turn out as expected. Also, don't discount the psychological advantage of having partners, knowing that you're not alone in your efforts can help you feel safer when the entrepreneurial road gets rough.

Soo far these are my reasons why I like to, start a business with a partner, and how about you?
Personally, depending on the type of business I intend going into, I would not be needing a partner.
The capital for start up is not so big as to require collective effort, the management can be handled by one person too.

Starting the business on your own gives you full control. You have full capacity to do to do things anything you want without expecting what other people will think. This will give you the opportunity to take decision and learn fast.

Last edited:
For me I prefer to run my own business on my own so that them will not be any problem, I don't said that is wrong to start up a business with someone but for me I don't like it.

I'll personally like to start a business on my own and take full responsibility of my business but in a situation in which I do not have money I would like to start the business with someone who has the money to support me financially but in all circumstances starting a business yourself is the best option.

I think one of the main advantages of starting a business based on sole proprietorship is that it gives you the sense of responsibility. This is a really good thing, actually.

a. Checks and Balances

c. Dividing the Risk

Soo far these are my reasons why I like to start a business with a partner, and how about you?

I have a local mini business in my city and I started it myself and I'm doing well. I don't see the point of another partner. maybe if I had a big company to say or not to face, to need more partners, yes ... but for what I own, I don't need anything.

a. Checks and Balances

c. Dividing the Risk

I would want to start my own business; run it as a sole proprietorship.
Requiring a partner would be because of lack of funds to start a business or lack of some skills required to run the business.

I would like to start my own business alone but then it is also good to start with a partner but then it has to be some one you really trust and some one who believes in you and is Willing to give his all into the business

I would prefer to start the business on my own , instead of trusting someone else , may it be my friend or a relative. Because we now live in the era where trust cannot be acquired so easily from anyone.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds