Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Engagement Strategies Do you have scheduling post feature in your forum?

For sharing and discussing ways to keep the community active and engaged.

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Scheduling of post feature is a feature that allows posts to be scheduled to automatically posted at the time the member who wants the post to go live. It makes it easier for your post to made even when you're not online.

Although this scheduling of post feature isn't something that I see in most forums today and I don't know why most webmaster doesn't use it.

Do you have scheduling post feature in your forum?

I never done this on any of my forums, nor even on a blog. I can see it coming in handy if you need to be offline for a period of time but still need to get important topics posted.

I used to use it when I had a blog but never considered it for a forum until I stumbled across an add on at the Xenforo forum. I think I may utilize it when I am on vacation to continue posting while I am away; however it is not something I would allow access to for the members.

No, Jcink doesn't have this feature and it would be impossible to create with JavaScript since someone would have to be physically online at the time of the posting.

You probably could do something around web workers by making a PWA for a given site, storing the content in local storage and spring boarding off the user’s existing login but it’d be flaky to do that, and honestly not worth the hassle.

I do not, just come and post whenever you feel like :) I do not want to or in fact not have the time in those regards but then if I had enough articles being posted I might end up scheduling those content

I have a scheduling post feature available on my forum but at the moment, it is only available to staff members to prevent any kind of abuse of the system.

I initially installed it on my forum to use myself so that I could write content in bulk and have it scheduled to post but I never got into the habit of doing so.

I intend to get more into the habit of using this feature as I feel it would help my forum.

I do not currently own a forum but of the forums I have used recently, I have seen a few of them offer a scheduling post feature.

This is a nice feature to have available to certain members and staff on forums as it allows them to write content in bulk rather than trying to keep up with a difficult schedule.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor