Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest ā€” join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

šŸ’ Member Support Do you follow your member's account?

Dedicated to strategies for supporting and guiding community members.

Ja sa bong

Credits
Most forum softwares makes it possible to follow anyone in a forum. This is like subscribing to the member's account as it will be giving the person who followed the account every details of posts made by the person.

When you follow your forum members, do they follow you back?

I feel if I were to follow every members account on my forum, I would have a lot to keep up with as well as ensure things were moving in the right direction on the forum as well.

Due to that, I tend to not follow member's accounts on my forum.

The only time I follow other members is if they follow me first these days. I don't really follow too many people on forums, I used to follow quite a few people on Sonic Retro when I first joined but that's the only forum where I decided to follow a few random members.

I find the follow feature one of the most pointless things on forums. Could be me though.
That's funny. I mostly think the same thing!

I will say that I have a different experience between a user versus an admin. As an admin, I tend to quickly scan all unread content so it's unnecessary for me to follow specific users, and only follow boards (not users) such as questions or community feedback so I can be notified.

As a user in other communities, I like to follow other users. There are usually a few users who I enjoy stalking / reading comments.

I don't follow every single member on any forums, I just going to get so many ping pongs that I end up screaming my nuts off. I do not see the point of having them unless you wanted to add them as friends so people can see who you are following on their accounts ;P

I follow whoever follows me first typically lol. I don't see the active point behind it. I think it's a feature that has potential, but has not been ironed out possibly.

For example.... Update Status feature could just to be open to those who follow you and etc. You could pick and choose who can see it - that would be an interesting feature!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor