Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you apply for the company that rejected you more than once?

I'm still a student and so i haven't been opportuned to apply to a company for a job yet. When i'm opportuned to do so, i won't apply to company that have rejected me more than once.

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm still a student and so i haven't been opportuned to apply to a company for a job yet. When i'm opportuned to do so, i won't apply to company that have rejected me more than once.
Well it all depends on the individual that is involved,there is nothing wrong in applying for a company that has rejected you before,it will only go to show that you love to work with them and you are very much consistent.

It may be difficult as Pride may likely want to set in and it may not likely be an easy thing , I may only be able to apply if I am very sure they will consider me for the job opportunities I am interested. I don't want to suffer another rejection.

Well it all depends on the individual that is involved,there is nothing wrong in applying for a company that has rejected you before,it will only go to show that you love to work with them and you are very much consistent.
I don't totally agree with you. Some companies might see applying to them more than once as desperation and they might never give you the job, so why waste time.

I haven't done that so far as I don't have enough confidence to, not to get the same result yet again.

I was rejected before by my company(well ex company by 2 days), when they considered my profile that didn't match my skill set(It was for one of my sub skills). However, I tried again when they posted a job that matched my job profile for about 70% and this time I got it.

However, if they had rejected my profile again, I probably wouldn't have tried for a third time. What about you guys?
Once in my life I tried more than 5 times at one company to be hire there but unfortunately they rejected me every time because my profile wasn't according to their seat that's why I faced that situation after that I didn't try again because that was really making me feel stressed or depressed as well and got me into low confedence. So, don't try more then two times because it will leads to a bad mental health if you will reject onnce again. And prove yourself anywhere else but don't try there once more to be embarrassed.

I don't totally agree with you. Some companies might see applying to them more than once as desperation and they might never give you the job, so why waste time.
I think you don't really get where I am coming from,if one is rejected for an opening,and maybe another opening comes up later in the future,it is not wrong for someone that still has an interest to apply.

Not at all, I don't really like that idea if working under someone, I try to frame My own ways to earn income, depending on someone might not be a good idea.
Haha, in as much as you apply for either working or any other thing in a company and it happens to be that you're not employed,the only way out here is to move on.

Haha, in as much as you apply for either working or any other thing in a company and it happens to be that you're not employed,the only way out here is to move on.
That's true, that's why I don't really like to work under someone, I'd rather learn a profitable skills set that will fetch me money than to work under someone not even the government.

I think you don't really get where I am coming from,if one is rejected for an opening,and maybe another opening comes up later in the future,it is not wrong for someone that still has an interest to apply.
Ohhh, i get you now. It isn't wrong to apply for another available opening, if one is rejected for an opening. I thought u meant initially that one can continue applying for one opening over and over again.

Ohhh, i get you now. It isn't wrong to apply for another available opening, if one is rejected for an opening. I thought u meant initially that one can continue applying for one opening over and over again.
One of the thing that i have come to discover about applying for a particular job is that once one did not scale through in a particular interview,that will serves as an experience for him in the next one.

That's true, that's why I don't really like to work under someone, I'd rather learn a profitable skills set that will fetch me money than to work under someone not even the government.
Yes you're right by saying so. In other to be independent and be free from working under someone. One has to bring the idea of having a specific skill that will make you successful.

I haven't done that so far as I don't have enough confidence to, not to get the same result yet again.

I was rejected before by my company(well ex company by 2 days), when they considered my profile that didn't match my skill set(It was for one of my sub skills). However, I tried again when they posted a job that matched my job profile for about 70% and this time I got it.

However, if they had rejected my profile again, I probably wouldn't have tried for a third time. What about you guys?
There's no hard and fast rule about whether you should apply for a company that rejected you. It depends on the situation, but in general I would say no. If the company didn't want to hire you, then it's not worth your time or theirs to continue trying to convince them otherwise.

If they had some problems with your application, then it's possible that they might change their minds if you make some changes and reapply. But it's also possible that they may have just been looking for something else in an applicant, like more experience or more education. In that case, it wouldn't make sense for them to hire someone who doesn't meet their high standards anyway.

The most important thing here is the reason why they rejected you, that will help you to understand if you have to apply it again or not . some companies may be rejecting you as a result of incomplete document and as such there is nothing wrong from applying the second time.

Yes you're right by saying so. In other to be independent and be free from working under someone. One has to bring the idea of having a specific skill that will make you successful.
Normally people that have a good skill set earn a decent amount of money online, if you want to be among those kind of people that any money you need to have a good skill set.

Is it really necessary to do that? I mean going back the second time? They might not really listen to you anymore as they will see you as a disturbance and a burden to them.

I can reapply more than ten times if a lot of money is at stake.
Rejection is not always as problematic as we seem to think.
Working on your profile and making sure you don't make the same mistake twice is the best course of action after being denied.
Probably, if you know the reason you were rejected then you can work on your portfolio and profile in order to have better chances. If the company is a very good company then you have no choice than to reapply after you might have upgraded yourself.

Personally I think there absolutely no harm in trying even if the rejected you, keep trying for life is all about luck and it will definitely shine on you one day of your struggle.

I always try to see the employment industry as one kind of number scheme and the fact that you were rejected before does not necessarily mean that it is going to continue to be like that. I always apply every opportunity I see.

Personally I think there absolutely no harm in trying even if the rejected you, keep trying for life is all about luck and it will definitely shine on you one day of your struggle.
As long as the company have everything you need then you need to continue trying. All you need is to improve your skills and CV and your chances of getting the job will be better.

I do not think that, there are various reasons before a person will be asked out of a company. But irrespective of the reason, I do not think that I will ever apply for that same job again unless they call me.
A friend of mine did something once, he was laid off from the job and recalled, he made himself irreplaceable and at the height of it he left the job by himself and it was really epic for me

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds