Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you apply for the company that rejected you more than once?

Claraviolet

Loyal member
Credits
I haven't done that so far as I don't have enough confidence to, not to get the same result yet again.

I was rejected before by my company(well ex company by 2 days), when they considered my profile that didn't match my skill set(It was for one of my sub skills). However, I tried again when they posted a job that matched my job profile for about 70% and this time I got it.

However, if they had rejected my profile again, I probably wouldn't have tried for a third time. What about you guys?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not think that, there are various reasons before a person will be asked out of a company. But irrespective of the reason, I do not think that I will ever apply for that same job again unless they call me.

I do not think that, there are various reasons before a person will be asked out of a company. But irrespective of the reason, I do not think that I will ever apply for that same job again unless they call me.
For jobs where you invest money like buy or sell merchandise you just switch from selling one marchandise to another as company owner or represent a product to another as sales manager or from one post to another as worker.

For jobs where you invest money like buy or sell merchandise you just switch from selling one marchandise to another as company owner or represent a product to another as sales manager or from one post to another as worker.
I do not really get your point of view clearly. But I think that I cannot actually make an application with the same company that rejected or casted me out once.

I do not really get your point of view clearly. But I think that I cannot actually make an application with the same company that rejected or casted me out once.
You can for example be rejected as web devellopper.
You could apply for web designer.
You could be rejected as ingeneer of sounds.
You could apply as ingeneer of security.
Options could vary.

I believe someone already gave an example of what I was referring to. If you have a primary skill set and a secondary skill set, usually you will have more knowledge when it comes to your primary skill set.

So, if you apply for a job the requires your secondary skill set only, there is a chance that you could not get it, as you need more expertise there. However, if it's for your primary skill set, you could easily get it, as you have been using those skills on a daily basis.

Hope it is clear now. I was an IT employee, so I was referring to my programming skill set.

If a lot of money is involved, I can reapply more than 10 times. Rejection is not really a problem as we most time take it to be. When you get rejected, the best thing is to work on your profile and make sure you don't make the same mistake as your first time.

I wouldn't advice anyone to apply in a company that rejected them earlier on, if they so need your services, they could call on you because they've your CV already, so it's not advisable

It's not necessary except I have a higher chance to succeed. And I have to know the reason why I was rejected and will be much easier if it was because of lack of experience

Not at all, I don't really like that idea if working under someone, I try to frame My own ways to earn income, depending on someone might not be a good idea.

Well for me I didn't mind If a lot of money is involved, I can continue to apply over and over again more than 10 times. Rejection is not really a problem as we most time take it to be. When you get rejected, the best thing is to work on your profile and make sure you don't make the same mistake as your time .

I believe someone already gave an example of what I was referring to. If you have a primary skill set and a secondary skill set, usually you will have more knowledge when it comes to your primary skill set.

So, if you apply for a job the requires your secondary skill set only, there is a chance that you could not get it, as you need more expertise there. However, if it's for your primary skill set, you could easily get it, as you have been using those skills on a daily basis.

Hope it is clear now. I was an IT employee, so I was referring to my programming skill set.
Oh okay, I think that this is better and clearly clarified. But I will stand to my point that I will never apply for the same company that I was once sent off.

Oh okay, I think that this is better and clearly clarified. But I will stand to my point that I will never apply for the same company that I was once sent off.
I see and thank you for sharing your opinion. I don't mind facing rejection as long as it's a legitimate reason. It just helps me in setting my expectations right and also gives me enough strength to proceed further.

Also, when I said applying for it again, usually in our country, the HR reaches out to people first. So, in a way the company reached out to me in both the scenarios. However, I did get rejected at the very beginning and yes it did hurt my pride a little.

However, I was told that, it's common in the work area and we shouldn't take it to heart. Well, that's just my experience :D

You can for example be rejected as web devellopper.
You could apply for web designer.
You could be rejected as ingeneer of sounds.
You could apply as ingeneer of security.
Options could vary.
Oh okay, I now get your point clearly. I think that what you're saying is absolutely true. But my point is that, I would not work for a company that rejected my service but not apply for the same work from a different company.
I see and thank you for sharing your opinion. I don't mind facing rejection as long as it's a legitimate reason. It just helps me in setting my expectations right and also gives me enough strength to proceed further.

Also, when I said applying for it again, usually in our country, the HR reaches out to people first. So, in a way the company reached out to me in both the scenarios. However, I did get rejected at the very beginning and yes it did hurt my pride a little.

However, I was told that, it's common in the work area and we shouldn't take it to heart. Well, that's just my experience :D
Yeah, you're totally right, being rejected for a good course or reason actually helps you to build yourself up and fix other mistakes in your line of work.
Yh, you're absolutely right.

I can reapply more than ten times if a lot of money is at stake.
Rejection is not always as problematic as we seem to think.
Working on your profile and making sure you don't make the same mistake twice is the best course of action after being denied.

It depends on how well I like company or what I stand to gain by being employed there. Of it's not worth my reapplying then I'll definitely move on because there's a lot of better opportunities ahead for me - that I'm sure of.

Actually, if the company still post job vacancy that matches my qualification even if its 50% I will continue applying talk of matching with 70%. I will apply for 7th time ifi was not employed during the previous application

No not at all as matter of fact I have never worked under someone, I'll try to frame my own ways to earn money online than to be working under someone.

I haven't done that so far as I don't have enough confidence to, not to get the same result yet again.

I was rejected before by my company(well ex company by 2 days), when they considered my profile that didn't match my skill set(It was for one of my sub skills). However, I tried again when they posted a job that matched my job profile for about 70% and this time I got it.

However, if they had rejected my profile again, I probably wouldn't have tried for a third time. What about you guys?
I don't think working for others have benefits for you especially if they reject you two times, instead I would do something better which I like to do and one day defeat that company.

Working for others does not benefit you, especially if they reject you twice; instead, I would do something better that I enjoy doing and one day defeat that company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds