Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Delivery issues of online stores

Alexandoy

Captain Junkie
Credits
For the online stores that deliver their products, the issue now is the expense on the delivery. When the store would charge the customer for the delivery then the customer may be turned off. Small online stores here are complaining that the delivery service providers like Grab Food charges a high delivery fee. They are the motorcycle delivery service that charges on a per kilometer trip. If you have an online store that sells merchandise what kind of delivery system do you use? Do you charge the customer for the delivery? Do you have a specific limit on the distance of the customer?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes this is the main issue of every company who dilivers, some company has thier rule to delivery free, but some charges for delivery too. But if we deliver free then costumers will stick to us but when we charges they will leave, so try to merge these charges into products price then may be there will be better situation.

For the online stores that deliver their products, the issue now is the expense on the delivery. When the store would charge the customer for the delivery then the customer may be turned off. Small online stores here are complaining that the delivery service providers like Grab Food charges a high delivery fee. They are the motorcycle delivery service that charges on a per kilometer trip. If you have an online store that sells merchandise what kind of delivery system do you use? Do you charge the customer for the delivery? Do you have a specific limit on the distance of the customer?
Of course, WR is a very big problem When a buyer buys something from our online store So if a lot of things don't arrive on time That's the decent thing to do, and it should end there Nowadays, there are many people working in online stores who find it difficult to deliver Due to which the quality of those who deliver on time is also deteriorating

Yes this is the main issue of every company who dilivers, some company has thier rule to delivery free, but some charges for delivery too. But if we deliver free then costumers will stick to us but when we charges they will leave, so try to merge these charges into products price then may be there will be better situation.

It is not about how much one charges for delivery as well. It is understanding what it means to work on adding the delivery fee to your cost of production, if what you are selling is cheaper and cannot be more expensive when you deliver too.

I have an online store, and delivery charges are actually an issue, customers sometimes change their minds about their purchases because of the fee. I use logistics companies and whatever they charge me is based on weight. Sometimes if a customer is around my location, I deliver free of charge.

I think the only issue is delivery time. If you can't make it at a given time, don't give the time. People like me always put mind on time. Let 12noon be 12noon no more. And also not all stores are stores, there are fraudsters everywhere. God bless
[automerge]1612007365[/automerge]
I think the only issue is delivery time. If you can't make it at a given time, don't give the time. People like me always put mind on time. Let 12noon be 12noon no more. And also not all stores are stores, there are fraudsters everywhere. God bless

@Alexandoy thank you for posting such a relevant topic that demand constructive and well discussed solutions. The problem of logistics/ delivery of goods to the end user over time has been a very challenging one. The easiest way to solve the problem is owning your own logistics firm to regulate delivery prices or negotiate with delivery firm on giving discount which is not as effective.

I think it's not only the high price that delivery companies charge businesses that's the problem. It is also the condition of the items when customers receive it, some delivery services don't take good care of the parcels and end up being damage or arrive in not a good condition.

Most of the major issues of the online store is that some of them delivers fake products against what was ordered from their online store or at some points even the delivery personnel do change the parcel at some points to make more profits for themselves and still get away with their crime

The delivery issue of online store are numerous, many online store are facing the challenges of charging of transport fees unable pay by customer. If customers other product online and the transport fees my high like product price this will make customer turn of. And also, there many fraudsters that online and want who to fraud.

You are right. Delivery fee is actually a problem. Many online stores I know charge delivery fee. If you are within a close proximity to the store, delivery fee is always scrapped, although it must have been added to the price of the goods but if you are far away, delivery fee is charged and the farther you are, the more you pay.

If you find yourself having difficulties getting visitors to buy from you and are not selling as much as you would like to, chances are you are not addressing the online shopping pain points of your potential customers.
3) Boring experience
  • gamification techniques.
  • interactive product guides.
  • social shopping.

A failure at any step of the delivery process leads to customer dissatisfaction and failure of customer retention. This study tries to understand which of the commonly faced delivery issues are the most regular and how likely they are to occur when a customer often shops online.

The quality of a product cannot be known until the consumer examines it with his hands, which does not present difficulties in traditional retailers. But that is not the case with ecommerces. Most consumers are used to this difficulty and therefore expect to find certain guarantees. it is important to offer guarantees to the customer if the product is not met but most online take forever to return customers money.

Basic issue of delivery from online stores are ofcourse their expenses. Some of the online stores provide free delivery as well but on other hand we have to pay for delivery on some of the online stores. Also there are some online stores specially one which located out of country. They have extra high delivery rates. But if you choose cheap delivery rate, you will gonna receive your product after a very long time.

I think charging your customer with the delivery charges will affect your business growth.
Here in my country home delivery is almost free, in this way they give opportunity and facility to people to buy things at their doorstep and hence their potential of business growth increase.

Online shopping has changed the way of shopping but there are lot of problems faced by consumers in online shopping such as fake products, hidden costs etc. Though online shopping is convenient but there are issues faced by consumers. Logistics-related problems: Another problem faced in online shopping is issues with delivery and logistics. Products are often lost or damaged while in transit, and order tracking systems are unable to accurately locate the product. People choose the same-day. one-day or two-day delivery, paying extra money to get their product delivered.

To my knowledge an online seller does not cover the delivery fee but the online store itself. So in other online stores the buyer has the option of what mode of delibery he wants, whether express or normal delivery. It depends on how much the delivery fee will be on each order. Please correct my statement if I misunderstood.

Here in Nigeria I haveav ordered severally on Jumia, they dont waste much time, konga delays and wont even call to confirm if its not a ghost that made order online. My issue with Jumia sometimes is they dont give me the colors i picked and ordered for. If you see and order white, expect pink. Am sure the problem has to do with most of their distributors.

Also the charge high fees for delivering of goods.

It always has been my main concern everytime I'm trying to purchase anything online. Sometimes I no longer buy because the shipping is more expensive than the actual product, especially when it came from other country. But we can't really expect the seller to shoulder the expense for shipping.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds