Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Delivery issues of online stores

These are some of the major disadvantages of online businesses, the delivery tends to be a problem, small online businesses get discouraged at the high delivery charges since the customers are refusing to make payments for the high delivery, you may want to establish your delivery company but it's capital intensive.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my country we have relative cheap courier services than can cost as Less as 1$. We have the DHL, Jumia express and we have the local buses which is the cheapest and the riskiest. And they are fast too depending on the service you want

This topic of discussion just came in so handy as I am about to order for a phone online and now the delivery people are charging me an exorbitant fee to deliver the phone to me, this is so outrageous why would a delivery company charge me so high a fee to deliver a phone to me?
thumbnail.jpg

Eat This Daily To Eliminate All The Parasites
Eat This Daily To Eliminate All The Parasites​
secure.calch.gdn​

The cost of delivery for a small item online should have been much it should be cheap and affordable so that customers will be happy to order for goods online. With the exorbitant fees that I am being charged now I don't think I would want to order for that phone online again.

For the online stores that deliver their products, the issue now is the expense on the delivery. When the store would charge the customer for the delivery then the customer may be turned off. Small online stores here are complaining that the delivery service providers like Grab Food charges a high delivery fee. They are the motorcycle delivery service that charges on a per kilometer trip. If you have an online store that sells merchandise what kind of delivery system do you use? Do you charge the customer for the delivery? Do you have a specific limit on the distance of the customer?
One of my greatest fears is delivery of online purchase. Many a times you pay for online product only to discover that you've been scammed. It would have been better if there is a pay on delivery option so that buys will be rest assured of getting the goods.

Failure at any step of the delivery process leads to customer dissatisfaction and failure of customer retention. This study tries to understand which of the commonly faced delivery issues are the most regular and how likely they are to occur.

For the online stores that deliver their products, the issue now is the expense on the delivery. When the store would charge the customer for the delivery then the customer may be turned off. Small online stores here are complaining that the delivery service providers like Grab Food charges a high delivery fee. They are the motorcycle delivery service that charges on a per kilometer trip. If you have an online store that sells merchandise what kind of delivery system do you use? Do you charge the customer for the delivery? Do you have a specific limit on the distance of the customer?
It must be charged the customer cause the delivery corporation has to pay their employees on their salary proposed, hence it will also be the compensation of the company for the fuel of transportation and also the maintenance.

When it comes to online store, one of there major challenges is delivery, there are some delivery fee that is higher than the product itself. I have this same issue selling yoga mat and pedals, i find it difficult to find cheap delivery companies, our challenge is delivery companies.

There are swear issues of online store. The first one and main issue is relating to the product quality. The second one is logistic related problems. Third one issue is related to payment issue. The fouth one is hidden cost. The last one is ambiguous website policies.
[automerge]1612013137[/automerge]
There are swear issues of online store. The first one and main issue is relating to the product quality. The second one is logistic related problems. Third one issue is related to payment issue. The fouth one is hidden cost. The last one is ambiguous website policies.

Delivery of online purchase goods can be determined by the company entrusted to dispatch the goods, because when you patronize an excellent delivery service rendering company they will treat you customer with a nice service.

I have experienced one or two issues with deliveries from different companies. One instance, the wrong package was delivered to me and I had to bear the cost of forfeiting what I ordered for.
Another experience I had was the increment in the cost of delivery. The delivery guy was supposed to collect the charges upon delivery and at the time he came he said the price had gone up

Most times the online stores charge a lot on cost on delivery I don't know why. Have you ever bought a product that the cost for delivery was higher than the product itself I ever did so annoying coupled with the fact that they don't deliver on time at all. Let's not go to the return issues.

Another major challenge faced by shoppers while shopping online is logistics. Compared to the physical store collection of traditional retailers, e-commerce must invest in delivery to reduce this disadvantage. However, 23% of shoppers abandon their shopping carts for delivery reasons, proving that they are not doing too well.

Yes this is the main issue of every company who dilivers, some company has thier rule to delivery free, but some charges for delivery too. But if we deliver free then costumers will stick to us but when we charges they will leave, so try to merge these charges into products price then may be there will be better situation.
Yea! The best way is merging the the delivery cost with the product because that will attract buyers.

If I open an online store or a business that offers delivery services, I would charge the customer for the delivery charge but it would be based on the distance. So a customer staying close to the business will pay less compared to someone that stays farther.

I have an online store, and delivery charges are actually an issue, customers sometimes change their minds about their purchases because of the fee. I use logistics companies and whatever they charge me is based on weight. Sometimes if a customer is around my location, I deliver free of charge.

The idea of charging delivering fees doesn't always work, but they should try including fees to the product price.

Taking a lot of orders before opting for delivery is way better especially if the destinations are similar.
In that way you get to distribute the cost. Getting a good delivery system is key. Some customers get turned off if the bills are on the high side or if their purchased items are not received intact.
Could be real challenge to new a business

Yes this is the main issue of every company who dilivers, some company has thier rule to delivery free, but some charges for delivery too. But if we deliver free then costumers will stick to us but when we charges they will leave, so try to merge these charges into products price then may be there will be better situation.
Yes it a bit of a problem because
When you set the charges merge the with the products price your price increase and then cost your costume to leave due to high price so I will, say that merging the charges is not much of a good idea

It is the biggest problem with shopping online. Delivery is always a source of headache because you don't know if you're good will come when it will come and in what state to come in. Various methods have been adopted to to make delivery more productive but it has yielded little or no effort in changing the notion that delivery is problematic.

It was found that people prefer that the groceries be delivered on time and this was the most influential factor that pushed the customers towards the online shopping portal. Another important result was that delivery fee did not matter to customers as compared to delivery time preferences.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds