Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with stress at workplace

Life itself is stressful. I've worked under pressurized environment and produced maximum result but it affects my psychological being. I handle at work by blacking out sometimes, take break, chat with colleague or take a quick stroll

Advertisement Placeholder
Track your stressors. Keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them,Develop healthy responses.,Establish boundaries,Take time to recharge,Learn how to relax, Talk to your supervisor.

The best way to overcome stress is to go for a two days vacation especially if the stress is caused by the work,move to a place where you will easily forget about the work load,clear off your mind.

The best way to overcome stress is to go for a two days vacation especially if the stress is caused by the work,move to a place where you will easily forget about the work load,clear off your mind.
What about a situation where you are not privileged in getting a vacation, what would you do to reduce the stress? Most Jobs in my location here they hardly give breaks.

Stress management is critical to an individual's health; stress at work cannot be eliminated, but it can be managed by medication and exercise, as well as massages when needed.

I work at a company where my task is mostly a repetitive one, like typing, arranging of files, attending to customers and all that kinds of job.
This work is a very stressful work for me, I hardly have time to stretch myself at work, it's like the more I work, the more my boss increases my workload. I don't even have time to take a nap.
With this challenge, how can I deal with the stress that comes with this job?
There was a time when I was almost working away my life for the company and still get paid just #80, 000 Naira. I work even on Sundays as well..

I work at a company where my task is mostly a repetitive one, like typing, arranging of files, attending to customers and all that kinds of job.
This work is a very stressful work for me, I hardly have time to stretch myself at work, it's like the more I work, the more my boss increases my workload. I don't even have time to take a nap.
With this challenge, how can I deal with the stress that comes with this job?
The stress we face daily in our workplaces is awful.
To avoid spending our hard-earned money at the hospital, it is important that we relieve ourselves of some stress intentionally.
Stand up, stretch, walk around, drink a lot of water, talk to colleagues. That way we can get rid of too much stress.

If you are consistently being stressed out at work then you should request for regular intervals of break where you can take a small work or just relax.
I stress I face at my work place is draining and if you ask for a break, your salary can be deducted.
However, to deal with stress daily, I take off few minutes to relax or walk around.

A repetitive work can be stressful but it can also be easy if you make your schedule well, like just getting dispose that you are about to spend your next 8 hours on the chair typing and making those files, take your lunch time to relax and then get back to work

A more realistic approach is to adopt effective coping strategies to reduce stress at your current job. Here are some stress management techniques you can try if you are finding it hard to cope with work stress.A factor known to contribute to job burnout is unclear requirements for employees. If you don’t know exactly what is expected of you, or if the requirements for your role keep changing with little notice, you might become extremely stressed.

If your boss is bossy, if your co-workers are pain in the a*s, if you always have short deadline to meet, if you are given more tasks than you can handle, you might be experiencing stress at your workplace.

Working is always accompanied with stress in one way or the other but then one has to take time to handle this stress and one has to sleep and eat well to handle the stress

Its all up to you to manage your work properly by knowing all your strengths and managing the weaknesses. Stress only happens when someone dislikes the work he is doing or isn't properly managing the time. When you start enjoying the work , it gives a self excitement to start working stress-free and your health will also be on the line.

Somebody can be stressed in the place of work.when facilities is not available in the place of work. And also when employee are not sufficient to assist one another.
[automerge]1637160117[/automerge]
Somebody can deal with $10 in forex.when he learned more about forex trading and invest with that amount.

Last edited:
Working is always accompanied with stress in one way or the other but then one has to take time to handle this stress and one has to sleep and eat well to handle the stress
I can agree with you on that, there are times I also eat when am stressed but that can also be called stressed eating. Besides eating what else do you think one can do to handle stress.

One of the best ways to fight off stress is to take breaks but the problem is that not all the workplaces allow you to take rests and breaks. this is why I prefer working from home and being a freelancer. I can take rest whenever I want.

The problem is not about how well you should manage your time but instead there should be a change in your work schedule. Your boss should be able to give you a small breaks in between the day for you to rest.

When you work a lot, you get stressed. Even a machine can get overloaded when it performs a lots of task. This is why both humans and machines need rest. I think employers need to give some rest to employees who get stressed a lot. But prolonged periods of rest can affect the productivity in a negative way.

One of the best ways to fight off stress is to take breaks but the problem is that not all the workplaces allow you to take rests and breaks. this is why I prefer working from home and being a freelancer. I can take rest whenever I want.
That's what I was even trying to say because it is not every business organisation that will give you an opportunity for you to take a break, you can only be able to work on spare time if you are working online but what are we going to do in a situation that there is no break ?

I think you should change your workplace or to have a chat with your boss. Having so much stress at the workplace, it will not work out in the long run. You have to make some changes, to feel better, relaxed at your work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds