Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Corruption of any level, have you seen it before?

I have been living in one of the most corrupt places in the world and I can tell you that I have been seeing cases of corruption at almost every day of my life.

Advertisement Placeholder
As disgusting as it may sound, I've seen corruption within the health system. People with certain illnesses have paid their way for a clean result just to go for that course abroad, to get that job etc. Some sicknesses as deadly as hepatitis B.

Corruption is something that people good people fight against everyday everytime. But I have seen corruption taking place at each stage or level of life from primary to teritory, from one house to another. Upto an extent that people in country seems corruption as a normal thing.

When the president of a country is corrupt the country won't have anything special. I've seen different countries were their presidents are corrupt, such countries suffer the most.

I have seen the highest level of curruption in my country where the leaders embezzle money and there is nothing anyone can do,the government feel they have all the right to do what they want.

I saw a corruption at full-fledged in my former place of work. Every workers at each department find one way or the other to steal from the company resources. People are doing this in order to have more money together with the salary they collect every month.

I have not only seen corruption very close, I have also been a part of corruption. Well, I did not take bribe but I bribed an employee to speed up my work.

I definitely have experienced corruption at every level, I read about the corruption going on at the highest level, I think greed is part of human nature and some people just can't help themselves.
In my country, a former chairman of pension reform task team was jailed for 8 years after it was discovered that he stole billions of pension fund.

In my country, a former chairman of pension reform task team was jailed for 8 years after it was discovered that he stole billions of pension fund.
That is crazy and not so surprising. I think what is crazy is that he only got 8 years jail sentence for committing such atrocious crime and denying people their rights.

That is crazy and not so surprising. I think what is crazy is that he only got 8 years jail sentence for committing such atrocious crime and denying people their rights.
I was just shock to see just 8 years. More must be done to control this issue of corruption. I believe death penalties should be given to defaulters

Corruption is a main threat in many countries around the world. Therefore, the causes and consequences of corruption are analyzed in various empirical studies. Since the results are quite mixed, we have summarized the findings of the central empirical literature from the last two decades for a comprehensive overview. Main causes for corruption are according to the studies (1) the size and structure of governments, (2) the democracy and the political system, (3) the quality of institutions, (4) economic freedom/openness of economy, (5) salaries of civil service, (6) press freedom and judiciary, (7) cultural determinants, (8) percentage of women in the labor force and in parliament (9) colonial heritage and (10) the endowment of natural resources. Corruption has an impact on (1) investment in general, (2) foreign direct investment and capital inflows, (3) foreign trade and aid, (4) official growth, (5) inequality, (6) government expenditure and services, and (7) shadow economy and crime.

Corruption can be seen at every place in my country. It can be very hard to leave us in life if you are not ready to align yourself with corruption in this country. Corruption has given room for so many bad behaviours in our society.

Corruption in different levels has been experienced by me, starting from my former work place in an eatery that I managed. I can't count how many times predecessor has collected money from people to staff them or their relatives...aside that in the little political world I attempted being just a party man I know what i had been seeing that is exactly corruption.

Well, when I was in college, a white man came to study with us and he was kinda treated special. He was never flogged no matter what he did and also not allowed to do tedious task that the rest of us engaged in. It made me feel as if I was enslaved by my own people.

I was just shocked to see just 8 years. More must be done to control this issue of corruption. I believe death penalties should be given to defaulters
Yeah. I think we have seen this come into play in countries like China. Perhaps when capital offences are brandished to people guilty of corruption at the highest level, people will refrain from it.

The most common form of corruption that I have seen in my country is those involved with traffic police. Those people have made it a mandatory for vehicles to pay some money in order to pass the traffic road blocks. They don't even check the vehicles anymore, they just collect money.

I have seen many corruption in many companies and private peristalsis. This would make company or establishment to fall down. Corruption can be measured when the establishment security is not well equipped.

The most common form of corruption that I have seen in my country is those involved with traffic police. Those people have made it a mandatory for vehicles to pay some money in order to pass the traffic road blocks. They don't even check the vehicles anymore, they just collect money.
I completely understand what you are saying, another word for corruption is traffic police, the annoying thing is that they can even harass you just to get that little change. Have you had an encounter with them before?

Corruption can exist at many levels in a society. A corrupt policeman may accept a bribe to ignore an offence; a local politician and businessman may exchange money or gifts in order to secure government contracts; a head of state or a national government may engage in corruption on a massive scale to drain money from a country. Which forms of corruption, if any, have you seen?
One of the most corrupt ministries in my government is the pension ministry that are charged with the responsibility of paying retired workers their pension which they don't do when they are supposed to do it and nothing is being done about it.

Corruption is almost everywhere in the world mos especially Africa and its environs , I have seen politician seeking government post with money, and the ine I couldn't beleive is someone seeking a post in a religion , and he's paying and enticing people with money tonget to the post.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds