Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Confidence in getting a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlight

The man for the job
Credits
It's been 15 years now that a friend of mine graduated and have been Searching for jobs all around the nation.

He is a graduate of geology, everytime he takes is CV to any company, it either he gets turn down or they tell him needs more experience.

This have been going on for long and I know you guys must be think that he could have started a business during the 15 years of searching for job and yes he did but because he did not have enough capital to maintain his business,so the business collapse or run down.

I personally have help him to seek for jobs in my area but they are all just not willing to accept him.

Thinking about it and my current status, I think it is another job to find a job cos I don't know how how else I can help this man cos a lot is going on in his life and I do want to help.

Please does anyone have a job or a place were you think this my friend can work or any good idea will be ok except him getting a loan cos presently he is paying of some loan.

Any good suggestions please!!!

Advertisement Placeholder
It is sad that your friend is going through that situation. In my country there are many cases where it is difficult to get a job after studying so much and not getting jobs related to his profession. I can say that I know a geologist friend and he left the country to work in another for the same reason, and thank God he is doing very well. He must choose to seek another type of employment not related to his profession.

This is most challenges that many graduate people are facing in my country, and it's not encouragable for under graduate people at all. Anyway, I do not have much advise for your than to try as much as possible to apply for any opportunities of recruitment of any police Force.

My countrys unemployment rate increases every month and year. No plans from the government unfortunately. I will recommend that your friend try to learn a digital skills that he can use to start a business.. waiting to be employed is not a long term solution at all

With the current state of my country, unemployment is one of the major problems in this country. Graduates in the country still struggle to get a job after the number of years they spent studying hard. My advice to him is to seek for means to get enough capital and start his own business

It is sad that your friend is going through that situation. In my country there are many cases where it is difficult to get a job after studying so much and not getting jobs related to his profession. I can say that I know a geologist friend and he left the country to work in another for the same reason, and thank God he is doing very well. He must choose to seek another type of employment not related to his profession.

The friend of the poster should do the same thing. Looking for work for 15 years and not getting one is one hell of an issue. How he must have survived for this period is miraculous. Even if it means that this guy will take up loans just to travel outside the country, I feel it will be the best option to take now to avoid these kind of frustrations that he's passed through already.

Getting a job is more challenging here in Nigeria, is not that easy In some countries but one need to be confident and work hard, unemployment is the major problem in some countries graduates are struggling to get job but is not easy here,

It's been 15 years now that a friend of mine graduated and have been Searching for jobs all around the nation.

He is a graduate of geology, everytime he takes is CV to any company, it either he gets turn down or they tell him needs more experience.

This have been going on for long and I know you guys must be think that he could have started a business during the 15 years of searching for job and yes he did but because he did not have enough capital to maintain his business,so the business collapse or run down.

I personally have help him to seek for jobs in my area but they are all just not willing to accept him.

Thinking about it and my current status, I think it is another job to find a job cos I don't know how how else I can help this man cos a lot is going on in his life and I do want to help.

Please does anyone have a job or a place were you think this my friend can work or any good idea will be ok except him getting a loan cos presently he is paying of some loan.

It's very sad to hear this about your friend as it is the main issue of many graduates that they didn't get good jobs in their fields. I think he should not lose hope and confidence to achieve his goal and he could run a small scale business to earn since than he get a job .

Maybe he can consider working online, which may not suit his credentials but it would still give him money. Getting a job is pretty hard and to be honest I'm afraid to be unemployed for a long time once I graduate. The unemployment rate in my country is not decreasing at all.

I think so it is a daughter good I am to your friend for a job. I would like to say that business is more better than other job. If he has the skills and the passion to move forward, he should do business and invest his maximum potential in it. By doing so, he will be able to earn the money he wants. In other words, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find an answer in today's world.

15 years is a very long time to find a business. It has become a major problem in all countries probably that they will get no job after they have done their graduation. But don't lose hope and your confidence and try to do some small business to start some earning till you don't get any job in your profession.

The friend of the poster should do the same thing. Looking for work for 15 years and not getting one is one hell of an issue. How he must have survived for this period is miraculous. Even if it means that this guy will take up loans just to travel outside the country, I feel it will be the best option to take now to avoid these kind of frustrations that he's passed through already.
Yes @Henrywrites , right? It's hard being that old, waiting too long for a job related to your profession. And I agree with you, get a loan and look for work in other countries that will surely value his knowledge and in this way will help his family and pay the debt.

The only remedy to your friend's situation now is for him to get a job, yes I know you guys have searched without finding one that is willing to employ him, that is because he doesn't have enough experience. Now to get this experience, your friend has to volunteer to work with a company for free for sometimes. After getting the experience, the company may even retain him and start paying him or he will easily get a job because he now has the required experience for the job.

I am feeling sad for your friend, who is going from these crises.
Ask him to join any private job to get experience and some knowledge.
After that he should try to apply in government sector for low rank job after getting position in government sector, he can easily be promoted with hard work.

At this time, your friend should probably let go of the desire to be employed. It is not too late to still try to start up another business. 15 years? Of course he wouldn't have any work experience if he used the whole of that looking for a job. He should try venturing into a business and see if it will work out this time.

Oh so sad for your friend. It is happening in every country almost. In my country it is common. When grades are good they say we want experience. To the point in which country do you live? There are online business too he should go through in it. We can only suggest though.

Tge truth everybody need to embrace now is that the government can not employ everybody even the coporate organization are trying there best to reduce the rate of unemployment in the country but the recent Pandemic just added to it as the pandemic just let so much people lose their jobs

You'll communicate more effectively: Confidence allows you to speak concisely and with clarity. Professionals who communicate with confidence can convey what they want to their clients and co-workers in a clear and efficient manner. Effective communication is critically important for career advancement.

Maintaining a positive self-image will give you the confidence you need when looking for work. Avoid negative thoughts, and never play down your past achievements. You gotta brag about yourself.

This feels uncomfortable for many of us, but it’s a good skill to exercise. Especially during job interviews, you’ll be placed in a situation where you must clearly present your top skills and explain why you can be a great new member of a company

That situation is almost the same here. The common problem of newly graduates is the lack of experience. That is why they would settle for a lowly job just to earn their livelihood. I have a niece who is a nursing graduate but couldn't get a job so she applied work in a call center. Lucky are those graduates who have a connection like a family friend with a high position in a big company. That is a good passport to be employed. In my first job that I was hired by a bank, the manager was a friend of my uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds