Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Confidence in getting a job

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 15 years now that a friend of mine graduated and have been Searching for jobs all around the nation.

He is a graduate of geology, everytime he takes is CV to any company, it either he gets turn down or they tell him needs more experience.

This have been going on for long and I know you guys must be think that he could have started a business during the 15 years of searching for job and yes he did but because he did not have enough capital to maintain his business,so the business collapse or run down.

I personally have help him to seek for jobs in my area but they are all just not willing to accept him.

Thinking about it and my current status, I think it is another job to find a job cos I don't know how how else I can help this man cos a lot is going on in his life and I do want to help.

Please does anyone have a job or a place were you think this my friend can work or any good idea will be ok except him getting a loan cos presently he is paying of some loan.

Any good suggestions please!!!
It's amazing to hear that even your friend's graduate car is not getting a job from him and there has become a lot of job problem and because of which he has lost his confidence and has lost his job now. The idea is gone. I suggest that he should do his own good business which is more profitable than that. The best idea is business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Confidence is one of the vital things you must wear on sesrching for a job. Wihout it, youll mess everything. Its not on how high your education attained, its on you on how you handle the pressure specially when youre in a job interview. Wear your smile the most, be confident. And the rest will follow.

The friend of the poster should do the same thing. Looking for work for 15 years and not getting one is one hell of an issue. How he must have survived for this period is miraculous. Even if it means that this guy will take up loans just to travel outside the country, I feel it will be the best option to take now to avoid these kind of frustrations that he's passed through already.
What is the assurance that once he travels out, he is going to get a job, the chances are 50/50.

The only advise I seek to give him is to learn a skill, maybe in graphic design and article writing cos I know some site that pays good reward for every article one can provide.

You friends need to find a time out of no time to learn a highly demanding skill that will not take him more than six months. This will give him chance to earn extra income which keep searching for lucrative job. You can asked him to attract a freelancing gig with the skill he learnt to expand his means of earning income. These days, someone needs multiple stream of income to survive the hard economic co

The problem with us, the graduates is that we focus more on our certificates. The most year a graduate should look for job is 1 year. If it is unsuccessful, then we should look inward and start somewhere low like teaching and the likes. But we always want to start big.

It's been 15 years now that a friend of mine graduated and have been Searching for jobs all around the nation.

He is a graduate of geology, everytime he takes is CV to any company, it either he gets turn down or they tell him needs more experience.

This have been going on for long and I know you guys must be think that he could have started a business during the 15 years of searching for job and yes he did but because he did not have enough capital to maintain his business,so the business collapse or run down.

I personally have help him to seek for jobs in my area but they are all just not willing to accept him.

Thinking about it and my current status, I think it is another job to find a job cos I don't know how how else I can help this man cos a lot is going on in his life and I do want to help.

Please does anyone have a job or a place were you think this my friend can work or any good idea will be ok except him getting a loan cos presently he is paying of some loan.

My best advice for him is that he needs to step into the online business and increase the skill in graphic designing and logo designing and work there. It can be great for him if he can master logo designing and graphic designing then he will be very successful in future.

The confidence of getting a job has to do with the credentials if the applicant because many companies are pursuing students with high grade so that their business productivity will go higher.

It is sad that your friend is going through that situation. In my country there are many cases where it is difficult to get a job after studying so much and not getting jobs related to his profession. I can say that I know a geologist friend and he left the country to work in another for the same reason, and thank God he is doing very well. He must choose to seek another type of employment not related to his profession.
Lack of confidence can be "smelled" a mile away. Negativity, cynicism, and a "poor-me" attitude is not attractive at all—no matter how you try to mask it.
While it may seem too simple and bordering on just "self-help" talk, the beliefs we hold about ourselves are fundamental in our success. The concept of reversing negative internal narrative seems simple; however, actually changing what you are thinking, feeling, and exuding is not—but it can absolutely be accomplished!
We guarantee that if you have lost the job offer, perhaps even during a second interview, the person who got hired sold their qualifications with more confidence, was more persuasiveness in promoting their value, and closed the deal (job) by assertively reassuring the employer that they were the best choice!

Getting a job is not easy. Some companies are looking for young workers with years of experience. But there is a very good strategy you can use to find a job. Most people don't like to consider this strategy. That strategy is working for free....You can attend an interview and offer to work without pay for at least three months as long as you are qualified. Most companies would employ you if you made this offer. You can impress them in three months and they will give you a permanent job. Even if you don't get the job, you would get some valuable working experience.

The most powerful confidence you should have when you are Searching for Jub is to have faith in God and You should be prayerful to God but may sure that all things u are supposed to finished before searching for jub You should be through with aside that having confidence without God is nothing please note that.

The confidence of getting a job depends on individual qualification. Your educational qualification or skills determines the kind of job you get or the type of work you need and this gives the applicant confidence to stand interviews and also pass interviews, you should always be confidence in a job because you know you have the qualities.
[automerge]1611223054[/automerge]
The confidence of getting a job depends on individual qualification. Your educational qualification or skills determines the kind of job you get or the type of work you need and this gives the applicant confidence to stand interviews and also pass interviews, you should always be confidence in a job because you know you have the qualities.

Lack of confidence can be "smelled" a mile away. Negativity, cynicism, and a "poor-me" attitude is not attractive at all—no matter how you try to mask it.
While it may seem too simple and bordering on just "self-help" talk, the beliefs we hold about ourselves are fundamental in our success. The concept of reversing negative internal narrative seems simple; however, actually changing what you are thinking, feeling, and exuding is not—but it can absolutely be accomplished!
We guarantee that if you have lost the job offer, perhaps even during a second interview, the person who got hired sold their qualifications with more confidence, was more persuasiveness in promoting their value, and closed the deal (job) by assertively reassuring the employer that they were the best choice!
You are absolutely right in your presentation, because it is not only a resume that is presented, it is also the attitude that it expresses and that in turn is perceived by the employer. It is just an outlet that I propose for the thread. Since after 15 years he has lost all the interviews or there are no vacancies for this profession in the country.

The confidence of getting a job has to do with the credentials if the applicant because many companies are pursuing students with high grade so that their business productivity will go higher.
I think we all know what it doesn't matter the gardens you have from school but the experience and innovation you can bring to the organisation or Company, if you have a good grade you might be considered but in this part of the world you need connection.

Most people tell you to focus on polishing your résumé and LinkedIn profile, networking and practicing your elevator pitch. These actions are necessary, but won't help unless you shake off your negative attitude and build back your self-confidence. This is one of the most unspoken critical attributes to succeed in your job search and career.

Confidence is the main important thing through which we can get success and participate in the company.
Of the person have the skill but he don't have the confidence he may loss the chnace of getting job just because of not having confidence so confidence should be in every man and woman than they can actively participate and gets the jobs easily.

Getting a job in some certain countries has to do with you having skills, apart from been graduate of BSc, MSc etc... That's not enough in some countries, you will need to aquire some settings skills to be employed. In my country Nigeria they believe much in certificate than skills but some certain companies duel on skills.

the issue of graduates not able to find a decent paying job is a major problem in Nigeria. Imagine after spending so much time studying and the resources and energy only to finish school and be looking for a place to even manage. It happened toy uncle too, he learnt a skill and that is what he makes a living on. I will suggest the same to him too.

In developing countries we're having a job is a major issue, you need that extra confidence to be able to push yourself. I have seen where people got jobs because of a huge leap of faith that they took. I think generally one should be more daring, the question is what do you have to lose for being confident? Absolutely nothing at all.

Most times we need to have knowledge and certification in other fields apart from the one we read in school. This is to give us the privilege of having an edge over other people. There is my friend who read industrial Chemistry but works with a marketing firm simply because he has certificate in Digital marketing.

I can say that I know a geologist friend and he left the country to work in another for the same reason, and thank God he is doing very well. He must choose to seek another type of employment not related to his profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds