Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common mistakes that cost jobs opportunities 1

Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
C
I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.
[automerge]1611061200[/automerge]
I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.

I do not know nor can I think of any good reasons why a candidate will have a wrong information of them represented on their resume and they cannot defend it when interview arrives nor can they even show competence if they're offered the job. Candidates see their new jobs as an already established ground and do the job anywhere they please. They arrive late, relate negatively with other old employees and they feel relaxed with no enthusiasm to show their employers they're really worth the chance taken on them.
Common mistakes that cost one a good job opportunity, is when you are not well prepared for the interview, as well as your dressing, with the presentation of vital documents.

Advertisement Placeholder
You are very correct here, the world has gone be you and the era of just stuffing things in your CV. You should be able to have both hard and soft skills to wow your employers. Can you use a computer, can you program, can you work under pressure, can you carry out projects are the things you should be asking yourself and equip your self with.

Coming late for an interview shows lack of professionalism. But one's social media activities can also ruin one's chances. A quick glance at the LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page of an applicant gives enough info on the applicant. People are losing out on big employments because of the posts on their social media page.

When one is invited for job interview, you should make sure you are there at the venue of the interview on time. Showing up late when you be in front of the interview board is a no no

I don believe in job because our jobs if now are stressful and it's govern by some rules and regulations and it's manage by an individual,and you have to be sharp your information must be correct to avoid any forms of disgrace.

Indeed a good resume is nothing if your presentation during interviews is poor. That is a very good lesson learnt, especially since I am fresh out of campus and don't have any experince in the professional field. Good time management and good preparation for interviews will be my top priorities after writing a resume.

We all make mistakes at work, whether it's botching a presentation or consistently turning up late. Although certain errors are obviously detrimental to your future, you might not know that small on-the-job mistakes may be equally damaging. Here are a few seemingly insignificant errors that can backfire on you.

you don't expect that a job interview that was slated for nine am for you to attend saw you coming at forty minutes late, and you still expect to get that job.

Most job seekers do not arrange their c.v in a very acceptable format, and most job seekers use the same c.vs for almost all type of job they are applying for.
Not sticking to time is another factor.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
I don't believe in that I guess,coming late to your interview place doesn't means the job is not going to be yours,if God says the job is for you they will surely wait and hear from you I guess.

There are many mistakes that could cost us our job opportunity. Firstly, many do not have quality CV and as such, they fail to make a good first impression. Dressing badly too for interview.

One of the common mistake that can cost job opportunity is low self-esteem, some people when being called for interview sometimes they are unable to speak very well because of low self-esteem.

Punctuality is the main component ,because without that you can't expect the job to work , it will always take another dimension, punctuality is very important

When you go about inserting work experiences you cannot defend into your resume, that is going to be a big dent to your securing that job big time. Put what you know you can boldly defend

The fact is alot of people have the skills and the technical know how to deliver a task, but the way they present themselves becomes a set back to them,it could be through their CV, their manner of approach and how they address issues.

To me another reason for that is lack of confidence in most of the job seekers I have witnessed a number of then who have failed to attained an interview due to lack of confidence in getting the job.

One big mistakes that can cause one a job opportunity is that of dress sense, if one fail in that regard, it can cost one such jobs especially in banking job that seems to be very strict when it comes to dress code.

I have worked in an employment agency before and I know for sure that one of the ways people loose jobs is by lying about the things in their CV. That is a very bad thing to do.

Common job mistakes that makes people lose their opportunities ranges from a whole lot like been disrespectful, Lack of honesty, indiscipline, And somany other ungodly character that one might exhibit in the society might hamper on the chances of getting a good job.

There are many things employers look at when trying to employ people. if you want to get a decent job then you should update your CV and learn some extra skill apart from your degree.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds