Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common mistakes that cost jobs opportunities 1

This happened to my nephew 2 years ago. He was happily employed in the 3rd biggest bank in our country. He applied for a job in another bank. He was offered a higher position and bigger salary. I was against it because the bank ranks lower than his present employer and I was wary of the job. He did not know that an Account Officer is like a salesman who finds big depositors. Before he reached 5 months he was asked to resign because he was not able to find even 1 big depositor (it is usually a company). Now he has been jobless for more than year.
This is a very pathetic story and how I wish that this nephew of yours had listened to your advice he would have still had a job by now but he got carried away by the lucrative offer that this other bank presented to him. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree very much with what toy have said. What makes people to miss out on jobs also is that they do not consider a lot of professional soft skills to help then in it.

Who is that job recruiter that will take you seriously if at the venue and time for your interview you're appearing late? It simply shows you are not serious yourself

Resume is just a bunch of papers but the knowledge is what matters. I quite understand that it's the first thing that the employer sees and will use as a yardstick before conducting the interview. Moreover, it is always good to go for job interviews prepared

I
Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
I totally agree with you, been late for an interview is a one off for me, it shows you are not ready for the job. Because if you can come late for an interview it's sure you won't be coming early to work.

Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
If you have screened resumes before I would like to know more from you, one thing I would like to ask is if giving a professional to tailor cv give one an edge?

There are lots of mistakes that can cost you job opportunities.. One of these is when you fail to adhere strictly to the rules laid down by the potential organization you wanna join

Lolz,if someone is showing up late in any job interview then obviously the person is not serious and that Will decrease your chance of getting the job by almost 80%,time keeping is very important in any business and that is what an employer will observe from you.

When planning for business interview the first thing we really need to consider is the time, showing up late is a bad ome for business, listen increase your chance of losing the interview by almost 80% because time management is always the most important thing.

One other common mistakes that can cause someone a job interview is the appearance before the board. You need to look like someone who is serious for the job and not be looking shabbily dressed

Common mistakes that cause the loss of a job at an interview is lack of preparation for the interview and lack of experience, especially when it was clearly stated.

I agree with you immaturity and tardiness can lead to loss of jobs and bad relationship with customers can lead to loss of job too !

Yeah it's true coming late and putting what you can not defend when you resume work can cause one his job, I'm fact that's why i don't so much like job because of the rules and regulations that is hard to abide by them. I prefer doing my business with peace of mind.

I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.
[automerge]1611061200[/automerge]
I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.
Most of the common mistakes that cost job opportunities when one is very careless and what he or she does or when his CV is not up-to-date with this it can cost you your job opportunities.

Another mistake often made by job seekers is putting what they cant defend on their resume. Now, during interview section questions are asked on such information printed on the CV but unfortunately, candidate is unable to answer .Its either they start blabing or say something completely different.
Most of the reason for that is because of the standard kept be some employers,and these individual would want to cut corners and circumvent the system.But it is not good to do that,as one will eventually show his deficiency in the area he is not compitent.

Most of the reason for that is because of the standard kept be some employers,and these individual would want to cut corners and circumvent the system.But it is not good to do that,as one will eventually show his deficiency in the area he is not compitent.
Most of the common mistakes that cause job opportunity is when your CV is not well types and their some deficiencies arranging your skills and qualities.

This is why I really don't like jobs because there are too much rules to abide to...rules are not convenient to some people and this why they fail big time during interviews and all. When you're seeking for a job,it has to be something you love doing,if not you won't give your best
Even if you do not like jobs you really need to do it because it is the quickest way you can raise money to start up something you are interested, some people who are skilled workers can perform services for people just to avoid jobs.

According to me, not being able to speak well during interview also cost job. People are not confident enough and they are usually not prepared enough for the interview and this causes hesitation. People should be prepared for tough questions.

Most of the common mistakes that cause job opportunity is when your CV is not well types and their some deficiencies arranging your skills and qualities.
In my proffesional association,some senior members that are empolyers of labour tild us that,they starts the screenings from the arrangement of your Cv.and ten the experience you have got before other things that pertain to the job in focus.

Actually they are lots of common mistakes one could have done that will definately cause one his or her own job some of this are lateness , dressing , office manners and politeness.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds