Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common mistakes that cost jobs opportunities 1

Yes I agree with you. The CV largely plays a very important role in determining whether an applicant gets a job or not. So it must always be well prepared and impressive to anyone going through it.
That is just one of the things most applicant usually do not take note of,because the employer usually have hundreds of applications to go through,so if yours is not properlly arrange,then your elimination starts from there.

Advertisement Placeholder
Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
Showing up late could be tolerable if a person is coming with public transport and also from far town or country not the same as someone how is near to work.

Being late to an interview is one of the things that has cost so many people's job. it is not the best for you to appear on an interview on the first day of your job appointment late.

during interview section questions are asked on such information printed on the CV but unfortunately, candidate is unable to answer .Its either they start blabing or say something completely different.

Being late to an interview is one of the things that has cost so many people's job. it is not the best for you to appear on an interview on the first day of your job appointment late.
That's true, you are expected to be there early, that's to show the interviewer's the level seriousness you have, you'll definitely have the job if you do the needful.

Well though mistakes are into categories some are intentionally while some are not. Showing up late at work can cost someone to almost his job or even missed an opportunity.

Yes, whether a person arrived there after receiving an interview call, whether he was high or low confidence, both factors contributed to his failure.
Even they are unable to defend their grades, resumes, or CVs.
Most of this item's cost is.

You're very correct about some individual who do not match their resume. Some people hire people to write resume for them. And when they get to where they want to do interview, they could answer questions throw from their own resume. As for the issue lateness, it's a serious issue. No employer will take a person that late for the interview serious.

The biggest mistake you can make is starting up a business without having a proper plans, if you don't have a business plans there's no way you can gain what you want, having business plans is very important.

That's true, you are expected to be there early, that's to show the interviewer's the level seriousness you have, you'll definitely have the job if you do the needful.
Well, it's all depends, most times it depends on Grace. Sometimes your academic qualification may not help you secure a job and sometimes it does depending on situations

One of the common mistakes that I see people do is that they do not research about the organisation. If you do this you are going to find some extra detail to add on your curriculum vitae.

Being late to an interview is an automatic way of terminating your interview and some interviewers will even decided not to interview you anymore , and also coming late to work can also cost you your job .

Well, it's all depends, most times it depends on Grace. Sometimes your academic qualification may not help you secure a job and sometimes it does depending on situations
That's true, no matter how experienced you are you cannot get a job this happens,I know it's sounds somehow but that's just the truth on how it works, only if you are lucky.

Being late to an interview is an automatic way of terminating your interview and some interviewers will even decided not to interview you anymore , and also coming late to work can also cost you your job .
Me Being an interview , I wouldn't just want a situation that you who is serious to get an employment opportunity will just appear very late. It shows you're not really serious at all.

Me Being an interview , I wouldn't just want a situation that you who is serious to get an employment opportunity will just appear very late. It shows you're not really serious at all.
Coming late for an interview means the level of your unseriousness towards the job you are yet to secure , If youare serious about getting a job , you should always be punctual to your place of interview.

Coming late for an interview means the level of your unseriousness towards the job you are yet to secure , If youare serious about getting a job , you should always be punctual to your place of interview.
Lolz, very true. I wouldn't expect anyone that is serious to get employment in any organisation to be very late , most especially when all the applicant has been interviewed and you just walk in. Lolz .

If they are given their assignment, they are not really being sure that they are fully aware of what is required of them. And this is obviously really negative since it is quite challenging to complete that task in the best way possible if you do not fully comprehend what you are doing or why you are doing it. You always end finishing it with mistakes

If you are preparing for a job interview then you have to be sure that you have prepared very well to defend your CV. A lot of people do not even make effort because they just give it to people to edit it.

If you are preparing for a job interview then you have to be sure that you have prepared very well to defend your CV. A lot of people do not even make effort because they just give it to people to edit it.
I have noticed that most of the interviewers normally ask questions base on what you wrote on your CV and some people still tend to fail the question because they lied on their experience

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds