Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common mistakes that cost jobs opportunities 1

Another mistake often made by job seekers is putting what they cant defend on their resume. Now, during interview section questions are asked on such information printed on the CV but unfortunately, candidate is unable to answer .Its either they start blabing or say something completely different.
This is probably the biggest of them all, dudes padding their resume with imaginary job placements all in the name of experience. It's always shameful and infuriating whenever I come across it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually they are lots of common mistakes one could have done that will definately cause one his or her own job some of this are lateness , dressing , office manners and politeness.
What you mentioned are related to office or work place decorum which I will agree. But I don't think that is a mistake or mistakes that can cause missing job opportunities. Perhaps you can say the performance in the job interview or in the proper presentation of the resume.

Actually they are lots of common mistakes one could have done that will definately cause one his or her own job some of this are lateness , dressing , office manners and politeness.
You are right. Some people do not always keep to time when they have a job interview appointment. Abnormal dressing and your impoliteness way in answering questions in an interview can also make you to lose your job.

Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
This days things has actually changed alot,.I was in a professional association meeting and our president was mentoring young professionals.One thing he told us was that,the way interview is conducted this days has actually changed.He said you can just walked into the interview room and all that would be ask is for you describe the room you have just entered or your observation as you walked in.

This is probably the biggest of them all, dudes padding their resume with imaginary job placements all in the name of experience. It's always shameful and infuriating whenever I come across it.
It is very funny to see something like this on resume. Anything that you cannot defend is not suppose to be on your curriculum vitae. It is an offence to put imaginary job on your resume.

If I'm an employer of labour,I won't access candidates from cv alone. I'll do oral interviews and trials for them. Most people do falsify their cvs and write bogus stuffs to look qualified.

The most common mistake that cost job seekers from getting the job they applied for is having a bad CV. If the CV is not well planned and prepared it may deter them from getting the job they applied for even if they qualify for the job. Another one is not having adequate experience for the job.

Yes, C.V plays a really imprtant role when it comes to getting a job and I have been told to update my C.V. However, there are many companies that do not emphasize a lot on CV rather they check your abilities and personalities and this is what I have experienced myself,.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
Yeah, this is is actually a turn off for most employers, but a lot of things might be the course of coming late. Life happens.

Help Yourself by Helping Ohers with your Data. Get Paid what You and your data deserves. Share Data. Change Your World. Amenities: Listen on Spotify Podcast, Listen on Apple Podcast, Listen on Google Podcast.

Among businesses include lack of proper research. Looking for job opportunities one has to be constantly updated about the market and about the kind of job you want. In attending interviews one has to be very punctual and a decent as that alone is a very good way to create a first impression. First impressions last a lifetime so try your best to create a very good one.

Some employees level of arrogance can really cost them their job opportunities.some of them are really smart and intelligent ignore but man is like the sea is everything

The mistakes that cost me my last job was lack of enough preparations ahead of time before the interview. Some people also lie about their past job experience in their previous job.

Punctuality is the sole of business which is very true, which is why it's very important for anyone who wish to get a job be punctual

Yes your definitely right, thats one of the mistakes many applicants make and most of them don't even see anything wrong with it. Another this is that some of them can not even defend their certificate, I know that nervousness contribute but then you should be able to have confidence in your results.

People tend to blow the opportunity of getting a job because of desperation. They want to find every means to please the prospective employer in order to get the job at all cost. Hence, CVs are exaggerated and things that one can't even try to do are inserted as being a professional in them in their CV
This is one of the misnomer in most applicants when they are applying for an opening.And again wwhat most persons does is that they don't know that there are standard ways of putting up your c.v,and that is where the interview starts from.

When applying for a job the curriculum vitae that is submitted must contain what the owner can prove and defend, because the interviewer has met you by what he has read about you in the CV before meeting you physically. And if you cannot defend what is in the CV then the chances of getting a job is zero.

Also the body language and the gesture of the candidate comes into play in Interview. Resumes are off course very important primarily , but the way the candidate answers the questions naturally, without memorizing he answers before is also important.

I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.
[automerge]1611061200[/automerge]
I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.
Most of the common mistakes that cause job opportunity is you not able to talk more about yourself and your abilities not including some vital information about you in your CV.

Bad mode of dressing is another important factor, when you going for a job interview and you showed up dressed like a thug or someone in his own sitting room, you already lost the job because no one is ready to employ a thug. Appearance matters when it comes to job interview.

Some of the common mistakes that can cost jobs opportunities may include
Not being honest: it may be a cliche, but it still rings true: honestly is the best policy. Being untruthful about a work situation, be it how much you earn in your job, reasons for leaving roles, experience or qualifications, or misrepresenting involvement in work and projects can kill your chances

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds