Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

Suba

Mythical member
Credits
A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.

Advertisement Placeholder
I wouldn't say that their common mistakes made while praising a staff, reasons when staff truly deserve you praises may be due to the level of activeness I guess he or she deserves your appraisal because it is a due benevolence required of you as a business owner or manager of the units to do so.

I don't think there is any big deal there is an employer should Praise visit her employee for a job well done. However, that doesn't mean the employee too should now doing as if they know it all or now feeling superior to give employer

It's a good thing to give praise to staffs who are performing excellently well, it serves as a source of motivation as well and a driving force to do even more and to put greater efforts in the work the employee is doing.

The ability to manage employee performance well is a critical part of any successful organisation. Yet, too often, performance management is misunderstood or executed in a clumsy way that can actually harm employee engagement, motivation and, ultimately, performance. Here are the biggest mistakes I’ve seen companies of all sizes make time and time again.

some common mistake praise here
Here are some of the more common mistakes companies tend to make and how ... If you reward excellent performance only with cash, you'll build a staff that works ... Praise Only Comes From On High.....

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Thank you very much for this post. in fact, you just nailed it. there are things that ruin business which business owners do not really take care of and those things are really killing the morale of many other young people coming up to do business as well. Thanks for this

Giving everyone the same reward or recognition lessens the weight of the gesture. Recognition should be, unique and personalized. Different types of excellence deserve different types of recognition. And only when recognition is personalized will employees believe that the employee recognition program carries weight.

Never make it seem as if praise is just another item on your to-do list. When you give praise, it needs to be genuine and heartfelt, or it won't have an impact. That means you can't say the same thing every time. Show that you're truly paying attention and you are happy with the employee's work.

Thank you very much for taking your time to compile all of these. employers have to always beware that it is important to give credence to their employees and when they make mistakes, correct them in love and not with harsh words. Business will grow with that idea

Apparently, there are scenarios where you give praise wrongly??. I don't see how praising and employees talent and not the work detrimental to the employee's progress, or how that is giving praise wrongly?

In business, the ability to manage employees is a very cruatial task to be honest and that is why many business experts even advice that you seek special training on issues like this. I love the points you slept out though and those are most of the common mistake employers make. Another one of such mistakes is not taking their employee serious in terms of decision making in the business.

Try as much as possible to avoid using praise only to get results. When it appears to the “praisee” as a means to an end, can feel like a form of control. Here I like to make the distinction that recognition and acknowledgement can be more effective than a gold star or verbal reward.
Make no mistake, praise can be a power

I experienced that as an employee. No matter how hard you work, your coworker is your leader's colleague. Even if you see that you are having a hard time with the task, you never even thought of ordering a lazy coworker. So that's why I resigned from my previous job, improper treatment of leader among his team members.

Praising an employee isn't a crime or criminal. An employer should dim it fit to reference or praise an employee when there is a reason for it. But this should be done cautiously, so as not to over praise and give the worker reason to become proud or over favoured.

I don't see the reason why an employer can't praise an employee when he does well but he will be quick to punish the employee when he err. This is absolutely an aberration to the reward system. An employer should praise his employees when they do well and discipline them when they don't do well.

When you blame the employee without giving proper direction on what should be done, then you are doing more harm than good to the employee. They need to know what to do when they make mistakes and when such direction is not forthcoming, they tend to feel bad and lonely.

Praising an employee who have done a great job is highly commendable. It is good to praise talent and hard work when that is done rightly it would boost morale of those working for you. Every employee needs encouragement and appreciation.

1. Adopting the one-size-fits-all approach
2. Focusing only on cash rewards
3. Offering rewards only for performance and efficiency
4. Limiting recognition only to a specific level of employment
5. Keeping rewards and recognition as a private affair

As for me I think the mistakes in praising employees is that when you over praising employees and make them doing something else to the extend they look at it that you won't do anything and doesn't take there work serious but I see no reason why they can't praise an employees because it's right and good praising employees for good work they doing or done

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds