Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Cockerel Vs Broilers

Holluwaphemmy

Loyal member
Credits
Cultivation of chicken is very lucrative but which is more lucrative is it cockerel rearing or broiler rearing.
The cockerel is the strongest breed of chicken it can withstand both hot and cold climate effectively and it complete it's lifespan within 6 months
Broiler is another breed it is weak and gullible and cannot withstand cold effectively
It's advantage is that it's life span is 3 months that is u can boast of a robust chicken within 3 months
Which is more lucrative

Advertisement Placeholder
Cockerel is the strongest breed of chicken which is why most people don’t rear them like they do for broilers. Moreover in a market where chicken is sold per kg broiler is the most preferable cause they’ve the probability of getting very big in a short time

I don't know much about cockrell but broilers I've seen and rearing them, is quite good because if you load them with feed and nutrients they begin to grow fat and heavy quickly and is good for business because no one will want to buy a chicken that hardly weighs anything.

If you think cockerels are the strongest breeds why not go for it. I mean they evidently have what it takes to survive harsh weather conditions and what not . I also think you can provide the right conditions for whatever breed of chicken you plan to breed too , regardless of the species.

I think Cockerels are the best breeds of chicken one can rear without fear, they ate even the strongest of them all, broilers are diseases prone which can lead to their death

Cockerel takes too long too mature and you might end up at a loss when your cost of production is below market price. Broilers sell better and faster because they are heavier in maturity and mature over a short period of time.

There are backyard poultry raisers here who buy 20 to 30 chicks. They are the so called 45-days chicken because those chicks will be adult size in 45 days. That is the time of harvest that they have to sell the chickens by live chicken or dressed chicken depending on the customer. If the chickens will not be sold then it will eat more feeds and the profit will be lesser. I think the broilers in your case would be more profitable because it is similar to our 45-day old chicken here.

Cultivation of chicken is very lucrative but which is more lucrative is it cockerel rearing or broiler rearing.
The cockerel is the strongest breed of chicken it can withstand both hot and cold climate effectively and it complete it's lifespan within 6 months
Broiler is another breed it is weak and gullible and cannot withstand cold effectively
It's advantage is that it's life span is 3 months that is u can boast of a robust chicken within 3 months
Which is more lucrative
Broiler sells more than cockerel. Broiler is regarded as a soft meat and is therefore in high demand especially amongst fast food chain while cockerel is mainly purchased for its consumption by individuals. The preference of so many is either Old Layers or Broilers so cockerel doesn't sell as much.

I think cockerels are meant for a longer term investment in poultry and also for breeding. Cockerels tend to breed better than broilers.
Broilers are meant for consumption which is a short term poultry investment.

Cockerel takes time to mature (I think up to 6 months). Their feed is also cheaper. Broilers mature faster, about 2-3 months and they eat a lot. Their feed is expensive. Which one to embark on boils down to whether u have the market and startup capital. Starting broiler is more capital intensive. When it comes to mortality, broilers die easily while cockerel are as hardened as indigeneous fowls.

There is nothing bad in having varieties. Because everyone has their own preference, what if you start selling only cockerel and a customer is looking for broilers, it's best to have all so that when a customer wants a particular one, you won't be lacking. That way you gain more.

Broiler is much better, they get big and heavy very much quickly and that's what people like. Cockerel is good too but I don't really like it, the meat is very sweet though but they don't really grow big. Consider the feeds too, and how much both will cost you.

I don't know much about raising chickens, but according to your description the broiler chicken in three months is already marketable, so it is more recommended to raise it, the profits will be returned quickly, and you must keep in mind that the heavier the chicken the more profits you can get.

Broiler is most sought for during festive period. Because like you said, theh are always well fed to meet market demands. Besides, from you analysis. It won't cost farmers much since the duration of the feeding is not more.

This is my first time of hearing that neme broiler and the coketerer , maybe they are good coins to trade, but has the coin been launched, if yes how much is the coin in naira,? Where do I buy the coin, I mean what site exactly? Please provide the information.

When it comes to the rearing of chicken the most profitable chicken to rear between broiler and cockrell is broiler because beoiler can lay eggs that will actually give birth to other chicken and also we can sell the eggs.

Which is more lucrative
I have friends who do both and from the assertion Cockerel pays faster compared to broilers, and also the cost of maintaining Cockerel is on a better side.

As you have said it the cockerel type is strong and not easily affected by disease but they do not grow fast and do not produce enough meat. For an extensive farmer, the cockerel might be the best option while for intensive, the broilers might be better.

The two are both good business, one is to lay eggs to be put for sale while the other is just for eating. I have seen so many people or farms that keeps both breeds of chickens in their business, if the sales of one is poor the other will be better.

Speaking from my environmental experience, boilers move the birds market more than any other species. Eateries,restaurants and bar purchase boilers for their various businesses.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds