Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Closing difficult clients

For me, Matching a difficult client is sometimes the best approach to get them to behave. If you match their tone, tempo, and strength, you might be astonished to see them back down. You'll have a better chance of earning their respect and keeping their attention if you match their characteristics.

Advertisement Placeholder
Acknowledge your customer's anger. Stay calm. Clear your mind of all other clients. Make it clear that you are sincerely concerned. Don't hurry your client. Adopt a what have I got to lose attitude. Stay interested in the client's needs and her situation.

Closing a deal with a difficult client can be very tasking at times. The only issue here is that you just need to be very professional while doing it and let them know your service is one of the best out there and again you must have a good portfolio to start with

On closing clients:

One way to cement your offer in their minds, is to help them see it.

Most prospects know that you can get the job done, but they can't see how valuable it is, to hire you.

They're looking for the best deal, not the lowest price.

Discounting your prices, is actually a turn off for High Ticket Clients.

One last thing: Don't try to 'convince people' or 'get them to buy'. It doesn't work.

Instead, show them WHY they should do business with you.

What's in it for them, and why your offer is the best out there.

Of course, this is tied in with what they want to achieve.

Where they are now -> Where they want to be.
There are difficult client in almost every aspect of the business world, they are difficult to convince unless you try to let them see reasons that you are offering them the best product. Even though its costly.

Very well written and adequately well couched information you have given us here. This piece is very handy for everyone of us because we all do face such types of clients on regular basis in our business. We must take note of this

There is no need to stick with difficult clients, there are 7.9 billion people on earth, you can easily find clients. If someone creates problem, you need to look for alternatives.
Sometimes a difficult client might be the one that will buy a lot of things from your store if you can be patient to convince him to buy. Letting such person to leave because he is difficult to convince might not be a smart business decision.

Very beautiful points you raised there,I write agree with all the listed features and in working on myself to reach such level, lastly KNOW YOUR WORTH

Clients over freelance sites are always looking out for the best. That's why they hang on to a particular freelancer when they discover he or she is good.

Thanks for the really insightful post my friend. Some people have failed to realize that it's best we do not compromise quality simply because we want to close a sale. It's unethical.

Closing difficult client is not an easy task. The first thing you should do is to; make yourself presentable, make yourself invaluable, do not limit your standard in a bid for them to hire you, make yourself premium to the extent that they would be able to see how hiring you and your invaluable contributions will be to the generality of the organization's productivity.

I don't think it would be or worry when you are trying to close difficult clients. Sometimes you end up working to satisfy a client all the while losing a lot of potential clients.

You have very good points outlined above,also in addition to all that you have said your temperament also matters to remain calm in dealing with such difficult client so as not to betray emotions.

I never deal with a difficult client to deal with because some clients think that we owe them something just because they are paying us. They only owe us what they paid for.

On closing clients:

Most prospects know that you can get the job done, but they can't see how valuable it is, to hire you.

One last thing: Don't try to 'convince people' or 'get them to buy'. It doesn't work.

Our clients are the backbone of our businesses. That's why they have to gain satisfaction from whatever service we are rendering. We have to show them how valuable we and our businesses are by being outstanding.

The point that you raised are informative and are salient. When you add value , then you have win the customer over and be sure that they would recommend you to there colleagues. That's the power of quality in play and it would take your products everywhere. Adding value is what should be of utmost importance.

You have very good points outlined above,also in addition to all that you have said your temperament also matters to remain calm in dealing with such difficult client so as not to betray emotions.
I agree with you on that, but you would also agree with me that most times, customers can be very annoying and in most cases are usually the ones to start up an issue. In a case whereby a customer becomes physical, what would you do?

As for me, the argument you make is a great one, but when you're marketing your products, you have to make sure your customers realize the benefits of using them.

This is very informative and practical. One has to be very tactful during negotiations with a difficult client or customer in order to sway their minds to patronize your business.

On closing clients:

Yes, you are right. Our clients should have a good impression about our businesses.
We should be able to make them value our products and services.
Once that happens, we would not have much convincing to do.

Yes, you have to make your clients see reasons to patronize you. Just trying to sweet-talk them won't do the trick, because it will make them feel like you are desperate, and when they discern this, they can run from your offer before you even getvto present it. So show them why they should choose you.
One of the wrong way to go about presenting what you have to offer,be it product or what you intend to do as a service,is not to appear despirate,being objective and factual with good persuasive approach will do the magic.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds