Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you build a startup without quitting your full time job?

Deoends on the kind of type of business you are building and also the distance of the location of your business to your job, but it's advisable to devout full time to your business at the early stage especially for start up, you need to begin solid.
This is actually a fact,it is very important to devout more time to the business you are just starting,as the initial stage of the business is very vital to the future existence of the business,we had similar experience while we were starting our outfit,and this come to underscore the importance of more concentration to growth.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yeah. It is possible and it's very okay to manage time wisely. Not only in business but in everyday life. Quitting a job does not guarantee that you will succeed in that business. There are many businesses you can do that it doesn't require your full attention

I see it very hard. One of the activity would be sacrificed to favor the other. Apart of the full-time job, there are domestic chores and bureaucracy to solve. Unless we have a maid doing all that domestic stuff in our place, I don't see that managing a full-time job and a startup a good idea, less than people still living with their parents. The only alternative I see to not sacrifice the startup is to choose a non-demanding startup activity.

You can build a start-up business without quitting your full-time job. Once you established the business, employ someone that will help in managing the business.

I would actually say to continue working your day to day job. Because let's face it, a startup isn't going to draw you money right away, and it could in turn fail. So you should keep that job until you are able to quit it.
That is a very good one,i remember a friend who was doing a job and had a side business he was running,he actually maintained the job even though it was not giving him the required benefit he wanted.He was doing his business and gained lots of experience on the field before quiting.

It is possible to achieve the aforementioned question but it is often demanding from people especially when they don't seem to have planned it

It's very possible to start a business without quitting your full time job, when you're back from your work and go to your own business

In most case, i believe you can do so but you may need help from others in setting it up because of the engagement of doing the full time job. But it is advice able to finish the set up before quitting the job.

Yes, you can build a startup without quitting your day job. Time management is absolutely essential to working while building your own business. Optimizing your time on daily basis is important. The nine or so hours you spend at work each day takes a lot out of most people, leaving scarcely any time at all to build a high-quality product or service. If you’re committed to building a business, you have to manage your time wisely.

One of the ways an active employer can actually do a side business that will not interfare with his main job,is to shedule his time,you put someone incharge and you will play a supervisory role.

It is possible, but it won't be effective. I don't think I can do both effectively so long as it's not an already existing business, I'll quit the full time job or employ someone to manage one of the alternatives.

Yes, you can build a startup without quitting your day job. Time management is absolutely essential to working while building your own business. Optimizing your time on daily basis is important. The nine or so hours you spend at work each day takes a lot out of most people, leaving scarcely any time at all to build a high-quality product or service. If you’re committed to building a business, you have to manage your time wisely.

It is very much possible to build a business without quitting your daily job just like you say time management, is not even advisable to quite your job because you want to start up business, you only quite your job when the business is making good profit.

Yes its possible ,though it might be difficult.you will need a capable manager to run the affairs of your business and able employees

Building a business can have its own challenges that require attention buy it's advisable to stay a while with someone's current work and trying to run the business as slow or fast as possible then when you start making good profit, you can quit

It solely depends on your kind of job you are currently on and the start up you are venturing into. Startups take a lot of time for planning, setting up etc. If you are always on a 7-4 job...then there is still time to run your business but if otherwise you would have limited or no time to run things not forgetting that you would have pending work from your current work. You can only run start ups if you have your plan laid out and you have someone to manage the start up for you

Who says you can't build a start up from ground up even when you're still holding your nine to five job? Of course it is very possible to do that. Just make sure you're doing it right

Yes, that is what I am currently on.
I have a full time job, and at the same time run my business.
It is easy for me because I have few workers who oversee the affairs of my business while on my full time job.
I get to commit 4 hours to my business everyday.

Though it is possible to build a new start up while still keeping your full time job, but I think it will depend on the kind of start up you are building. But being able to manage both is a very good idea as the business can fetch some extra income as it is risky to put all eggs in one basket.

I believe it's very possible to do so. Especially when your full time job gives you time to overlook the start up. There's no excuse not to start up a business while working

You can build a start-up business without quitting your full-time job. Once you established the business, employ someone that will help in managing the business.
I don't really think managing the business is the main problem as you said, you can employ someone to help you manage it. But what about starting it? Don't you think it might affect your work if it's a large scale business?

It's quite possible to build as business start up without quitting your salary work, all you need is dedication and focus towards achieving your goals you also need to schedule the time so that it won't affect each other.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds