Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you build a startup without quitting your full time job?

Yes, it is obviously possible to do that. However, there is a difference when it comes to staring a business online and starting a business offline. You can manage an online store when you are free or come back home. However, it would be difficult to manage something offline along with having a day job.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never been a part of any start up, therefore, I do not know whether you can make your start up without quitting your job. However, I think you need to give a lot of time to your start up to make it a success.

You can even manage note than three businesses if you're very determined for it, still combine it with your daily job. I've seen lots of people who engage in more than five different businesses and still maintain their time with their daily full-time job.

It would be a wise decision to work a 9-5 and run a skill or start up during the weekend or part time. The daily job would provide the funds needed to learn a skill or the funds for a start up. Then with time you can expand the skill or business and leave the 9-5.

It is very possible. There are 9 -5 workers who run their business on a side, some even have more than one business. It all depends on your zeal for success and putting in a lot of hard work. It may not be easy initially but with time, it actually pays off.

Yes, you can build a startup without quitting your day job. Time management is absolutely essential to working while building your own business. Optimizing your time on daily basis is important. The nine or so hours you spend at work each day takes a lot out of most people, leaving scarcely any time at all to build a high-quality product or service. If you’re committed to building a business, you have to manage your time wisely.

Well depending on the you're of job you are doing. You don't necessarily need to stop your job before starting a business. Unless the kind of business need more dedicated time then you can quit or your job does not provide enough time for your business then quit the job.

Starting a business is not often as easy as people project it to be. So in fact you shouldn't even quit your Job because you want to start a business, instead you should start and when you know you are quite optimistic that the business would scale then you can quit your job.

Yes, you can build a startup without quitting your day job. Time management is absolutely essential to working while building your own business. Optimizing your time on daily basis is important. The nine or so hours you spend at work each day takes a lot out of most people, leaving scarcely any time at all to build a high-quality product or service. If you’re committed to building a business, you have to manage your time wisely.

I don't think it will be easy to build a startup without quitting the full time job am doing, because my kind of job take almost all the time I could ever need to do something else. So the best thing for me to do is to quit and have much time for my startup.

It's going to be very hard for you to build a start and still doing other job buy you just have to learn to manage your time and you should ensure you already have the necessary knowledge about the start for things to be fast

Yes it is possible to build a start-up without quitting your full-time job all you have to do is to wait for your off day, make a good arrangement and then you can build a startup for yourself

For this to happen successfully, one should have been experienced in the field of business for several years. But for a newbie, it's not advisable at all as it would lead to loss of concentration.

It is possible but very difficult and your business may not reach its full potential if not properly managed. A full time job has most if not all your attention already, combining it with a full time business means another burden. Well, you can get a competent manager to take charge in your absence.
You hit the nail on the head, though it is possible but one of the businesses is bound to suffer if you're combining them

Ofcourse it is possible. It only depend on the nature of the business. Moreover you can assign someone to it and then monitor the person and take stock once in a while.

Yes, you can build up a startup business organization with out quitting your job, all you need to do is to get a capable person to manage your business for you and make profits.

It will be absolutely difficult for you to be able to start up company without we quitting your job because at the beginning of a start-up you will need to dedicate a lot of time commitment to that business.

I would actually say to continue working your day to day job. Because let's face it, a startup isn't going to draw you money right away, and it could in turn fail. So you should keep that job until you are able to quit it.

Yes you can build a good start up project without quiting your job, it all depends on how you plan to make it work out for you, you can be working on the project at night or on weekend or maybe your break period. And also it depends on the type of job you do

There is no way you can run two things at a time that one will not suffer. Business especially a startup requires the owners maximum attention and presence to be successful.

Yes of cause, it can be possible to build startup without letting it to affect your job, because one can perfectly start up business without quitting from he job

Currently I am working and equally running a start up business,it is very achievable as long as you have a clear understanding of how to run the business

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds