Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you build a startup without quitting your full time job?

You can start up a business without quitting your job. You really need to work hard before achieve it. Starting up a business is one of the wisest decision one can actually take because it will make you be your own boss and you are working for yourself.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, you can build a startup without quitting your day job. Time management is absolutely essential to working while building your own business. Optimizing your time on daily basis is important. The nine or so hours you spend at work each day takes a lot out of most people, leaving scarcely any time at all to build a high-quality product or service. If you’re committed to building a business, you have to manage your time wisely.

I was engaged in a small scale business while still on my present job but I used my wife to supervise the activities. Coping with start up businesses presence needs and staying on another paid job is very difficult and if you have to put someone to man the business for you, then it must be someone you have full trust in

You can build a start up without quilting your full time job however note that is is going to be somewhat difficult to don't all by your self. You would need someone helping you to run some errands as you will still have to concentrate on your full time job. Deligation of duty will go along way in making your start-up come to life. Try as much as possible to get qualified employees during the or before the start up comes into existence. That way, you will get covered by the most savvy people around you.

Yew
Yes, you can build a startup without quitting your day job. Time management is absolutely essential to working while building your own business. Optimizing your time on daily basis is important. The nine or so hours you spend at work each day takes a lot out of most people, leaving scarcely any time at all to build a high-quality product or service. If you’re committed to building a business, you have to manage your time wisely.

of course, one can build a startup without quitting his/ her full time job. First of all, time management is very essential in every business. So, if one knows how to manage his/ her time then having a start up wount be a problem since you can combine the too together

I totally agree with you, we have 24 hours a day, if we work 9 hours and sleep 8, that's 17, we still have 7 hours to distribute them and prepare to create a startup. Time management is essential in our days to achieve goals and carry out projects. The distribution of this is of utmost importance.

You sure can start a startup without quitting your job,as a matter of fact I feel it's best to retain your job and build your business to a stable stage before you start thinking of quitting, I have a friend who is into fashion designing and also works she wants to gain customers and be well established before quitting her job.

yes i can start a build up without quitting your job, all you need to have is money and business strategy ready .. thou time is of essence because starting a business need time and commitment so as to monitor and finance the new project

A business start up is very possible but you would need patience to build it to a great height,as your attention might be divided most times on your regular job.
But a gradual process in the administration can bring in constant steady growth.

in my opinion, yes, you can build a startup without quitting your full time job. it all depends on your startup structure and planning. afcourse we all need some financial backup for a startup, it doesnt mean you should quit your full time job. all you need to do is groom your startup until when you feel your business has gotten to the level that it can pay you what your full time does, it now becomes a personal decision. but, you must not quit your full time job to build a startup.

It is very possible to build the start up company or a small business without quitting your job especially if you work in a Government parastatal, you have some good time to concentrate on your business on part time basis as far as you are able to employ an individual to be there constantly while you get updates and visit the business within the day after work.

It's gonna be difficult if you don't quit your full time job while building your startup but if you can manage them both then you don't need to quit your job. But if you do then it's nice because you can give all your focus to your startup .

Must you quit a source of income just because of another source of income.... I don't see it as wise idea but an opportunity to make money from other streams. so therefore I can't quit my job because of my business.

Building a start up business without quitting your full time job is not an easy task. But if you are someone in the field of business and entrepreneurship, you can find it easy to run although you will still have to put more effort. but if you cannot combine the two, just go with the one you are cool with.

It is possible to build a start-up business without quitting your full time job considering the fact that a start-up is a small business that is at its initial stage with little or no challenges compared to larger business. I started my clothing brand without quitting my other job because I was able to prioritize at some point.

It is possible to build a start-up business without quitting your full time job considering the fact that a start-up is a small business that is at its initial stage with little or no challenges compared to larger business. I started my clothing brand without quitting my other job because I was able to prioritize at some point.
Really! I'm happy for you @Chris Jo. You are among the lucky few ones that could manage a business while maintaining your job. The truth is many aspiring entrepreneurs don't know how, when, and what to prioritize.

Yes my dear I am going to start a small scale business and I am a government employee. My job time is of 5 hour and I can do it after that time. In that time one of my friend will manage it. May be I will do partnership with him.

Yes it will only be possible if you can find a way to manage your time effectively and you bring your business for the first time and working for somebody else also it's not an easy task but time management is the key thing here and discipline resetting of your goals will go in a long way in achieving your aims.

Yes it will only be possible if you can find a way to manage your time effectively and you bring your business for the first time and working for somebody else also it's not an easy task but time management is the key thing here and discipline resetting of your goals will go in a long way in achieving your aims.
I share your opinion @mubinadaddy , the important thing is to know how to manage your time correctly. It is not easy but it is possible, when you have the capital, desire and knowledge necessary for entrepreneurship you can achieve what you propose, for this you must be a very responsible person.

Yes, you can but in order to become successful with your startup, you need to join hands with like minded people. You cannot succeed single handed. You might have to work extra hours and work really hard.

Yes its very possible as you said time management is essential and will come into play here, I know many people working and still have their small businesses. It's just that it will require diligence, determination and consistency.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds