Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can Business Organisations be Politically Inclined?

MarieArie

Legendary member
Credits
I wonder if political issues are allowed to be discussed by businesses or organisations.

Can this deter their image or personality as a brand? What's your take?

Advertisement Placeholder
I wonder if political issues are allowed to be discussed by businesses or organisations.

Can this deter their image or personality as a brand? What's your take?
First, politics is everywhere, provided that place exist within an entity called "state"

Second, the extent to which a business get involved politically is determined:

1. If the law allows businesses to make political statement or involment.

2. By what is at stack, that is to say, how that political involment will affect it's operations.

That's in a nutshell.

First, politics is everywhere, provided that place exist within an entity called "state"

Second, the extent to which a business get involved politically is determined:

1. If the law allows businesses to make political statement or involment.

2. By what is at stack, that is to say, how that political involment will affect it's operations.

That's in a nutshell.
Exactly the point. Businesses have to stay neutral when political issues are being discussed. This is to mean they have to protect their businesses so government won't place a ban on it or something. This is not a thing of now. Every business Hasbro play smart during political brouhaha.

A political organization, subject to section 527 of the Code, is a party, committee, association, fund or other organization (whether involved or not) organized primarily for the purpose of accepting or incurring direct or indirect contributions and expenditures. Works, or both for the exception verb

I think politics is also business. People join politics also for the aim of making money through the various positions held. But to be on the safe side, one should not mix the two together. Government can get hold of a company if the company displays any negative behaviour towards them.

I'm not sure about discussed freely, but there are tons of business organisation out there that are politically inclined, because of different reasons. It could be that the owner is associated or purely because of business policies that aligns with the interest of the organization.

In 1983 when a charismatic senator was killed in the airport on his homecoming from the US, people started to do protest march and rallies in the streets. Our bank's owners were inclined to side with the political leanings of the dead senator so the employees were urged to join the protest. We also made some confetti that we throw on the marchers in the street. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as the political involvement is not violent in nature.

I think this is very common among big companies to take sides with government, even though it's policies are anti- people. I think it's just for selfish reasons. Just so that they would be granted tax waivers or enjoy a special monopoly of production given to them by the politician in government. To me, this is wrong.

if I am a business organisation or I am a manager in any brand of big business I will not take part in any political are fair and I will be politically neutral because he will take side,it may not favour see because the government keep on changing every day

This will only be advantageous if the business owner is a political strategist, he must be very smart not to make political enemies and as we know political power can be very transient and fragile and power can switch to opposition at any time and if he has political enemies and they get into power then his business has come to an end.

Since businesses are strongly affected by public policies, it is in their best interest to stay informed about public policies and to try to influence governmental decision making and public policy

A political organization subject to Code section 527 is a party, committee, association, fund or other organization (whether or not incorporated) organized and operated primarily for the purpose of directly or indirectly accepting contributions or making expenditures, or both, for an exempt function

BBusiness and politics are two different things entirely and I see no reason why someone will want to bring such issue into business. The only thing I know is that business men do get favor from government policies most Especially in terms of grant

Can business organization be political inclined, the answers is no, reason been that it will a red signals to opposition parties, it also means that only members of your party will patronize that business, because you already send other party members sway

Basically there as been several issues as regards this that has been major problem in the business and now still a problem, so many face this series of issue maybe while seeking for promotion or when someone is due for promotion. Politics has now gone viral into the household of business and that is really affecting the structure or foundation of some businesses.

This depends on the type of the organization that is in this scenario. You don't need to discuss politics unnecessarily. Discussing politics in some organizations can disrupt the peaceful atmosphere of that organization especially during duties.

For me they shouldn't be but this days the reverse is the case for most businesses and I feel it is having a negative toll on them at the moment. I would really advice those trying to take the same step not to do so.

Everyone is politically inclined at one stage or the other. But the inclination just varies. As a company, you can be politically inclined to any government of the day. Like if you take contracts from government in your company, you definitely have to be politically inclined. How you then show your inclination will dictate how you will be perceived by the public.

Politics is what goes on everyday and as something that affects the life of everyone, it is not wise to ban people from talking about it. This does not mean the workplace should be rousy or quarrel about political views but instead talk like professionals at the right time.

it all depend on the business environment, some business owner or CEO do not allow such discussion to take place in the business premises. Some company or business firm go as far as including it inside their appointment letter and prospective employee must agree to it before the job can be given to them. so it all about rule of the company or firm

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds