Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Business apprentices

The standard here in college education is to undergo office training as a requirement for graduation. Usually the training is 200 hours and offices are not required to pay an allowance although big companies give allowances to the apprentice. The advantage of the apprenticeship program is that some companies hire the apprentice when they graduate.
It's the same in my country. Where at some point students are sent to offices or companies on compulsory Industrial Attachment ( we call it I.T) though a few of them are given allowances but a lot of them don't get any allowance.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my country, we have a similar ideology however, our approach is quite different. Here we have the government partnering with some establishment to empower the young especially the unemployed and less privilege to acquire a skill for a certain period after which they will be given start up capital for the business. Its not a waste of time or money as a lot of the them get to become business owners and assist their loved ones.
I love your country's approach to young people and their future, giving them the opportunity to develop skills and at the same time helping them economically to start their own business is just plausible. Of course it is not a waste of time, on the contrary it has an incalculable benefit for these young people and their future.
I do not think it is a waste of time for companies to take time to train their employees or to set up an Institute to get them acquainted with the way things are being done in the organization
My question regarding the loss of time or capital is why many companies refuse to support their employees, which I believe is wrong. Since this training will help the company in its rise with better prepared and qualified people.

Putting learning into practice is the most important thing, since many things are said theoretically, but without practice it is not possible to test or correct the theory. That's why I love these learning centers, because they practice what they learn and send them to companies to acquire more knowledge.
The best thing for an apprentice is being able to put and execute what he has learned as an apprentice into practice and that's the joy of learning, most learning cenyers online treats theory and neglect the practical aspect of the job.

The best thing for an apprentice is being able to put and execute what he has learned as an apprentice into practice and that's the joy of learning, most learning cenyers online treats theory and neglect the practical aspect of the job.
From my point of view, there is nothing better than putting theoretical knowledge into practice. Online is usually the way you explain it, if the student does not do his part to practice, there is little left of the lessons received, I prefer an offline tutor.

Small businesses like this are one that shapes lives a lot here. It doesn't really have any ministry that is regulating , you just have to negotiate with the person.

Small businesses like this are one that shapes lives a lot here. It doesn't really have any ministry that is regulating , you just have to negotiate with the person.
If negotiating is to give people the opportunity to learn and develop their skills, it is a good option. If the ministries do not have a relationship it is unfortunate, but still there is the initiative.

In my country there is an institute with the name INCE "National Institute of Training and Education" where they teach a series of courses ranging from the administrative area that includes: Linux and LibreOffice Environment, Windows and Office Environment, Business Computer Assistant, Business Assistant exterior, etc, and the Industrial area that includes: Agriculture, Masonry, Shoemaking, Blacksmithing, Brass and car painting, Reading and interpretation of plans, Oil plant operator, General binding operator, Pastry chef and baker, among many others. These students attend theoretical classes for 3 months, and then go to companies as apprentices receiving payment, both from the INCE and the company. Upon completing the learning hours, the company decides whether to leave them as employees or not.
Is there an institute like this in your country? What benefit does the company have with these students? Is it a waste of time and money for the company?
how I wish there is such an Institution in my country , it will go a very long way in reducing unemployment . This is the type of thing that the world need to prepare their youths

The case is quite different in my own country. In my country, you look for a bus to learn a skill from. He is the one to tell you the duration you are going to spend to learn the new skill. The apprenticeship he's always in practical with less theory. You look for job by yourself or set up a shop to trade your skills by yourself.

how I wish there is such an Institution in my country , it will go a very long way in reducing unemployment . This is the type of thing that the world need to prepare their youths
Yes, it is really very important to have the same or similar. In this way, unemployment is reduced and at the same time it is an educational center for those young people who never wanted to go to school, or for those who could not pay for their children's studies. This is a positive way out for many of them.

The case is quite different in my own country. In my country, you look for a bus to learn a skill from. He is the one to tell you the duration you are going to spend to learn the new skill. The apprenticeship he's always in practical with less theory. You look for job by yourself or set up a shop to trade your skills by yourself.
I remember my brother being apprentice in a newspaper (Manila Times) in the 1970s. He worked for 2 months with a small salary to learn the rudiments of printing newspaper. When he graduated from the apprenticeship he was offered a job in that newspaper with a good salary.

This is just a waste of time to me Because i do not see the need for this,instead of me to pay money to get myself into this institution I rather try as much as possible to get into the university because University is more preferable to me than this.

This is just a waste of time to me Because i do not see the need for this,instead of me to pay money to get myself into this institution I rather try as much as possible to get into the university because University is more preferable to me than this.
Apparently you didn't read the thread or didn't understand it. These types of institutions are free, they pay a monthly fee as an incentive to students. In this one you don't have to pay to join as it is totally free.

Sure! In my country, their are a lot of business apprentice companies that serve the public and many of them are quite beneficial. People looking to acquire a new set of skills for business go through them.

In my country, we usually have lots of institutions like this though majority of them are usually private owned so in most cases they are very expensive to apply for. The government also run some programs like this. So are seasonal and you can get them free in some cases or abit cheaper but the problem with government based ones is that the stress are usually much and they can be rigged as well to allow only specific persons

Sure! In my country, their are a lot of business apprentice companies that serve the public and many of them are quite beneficial. People looking to acquire a new set of skills for business go through them.
Excellent, this is good news, because as in your country that have the joy of enjoying institutes like this, there are also countries that do not even know this type of benefit for young people.
In my country, we usually have lots of institutions like this though majority of them are usually private owned so in most cases they are very expensive to apply for. The government also run some programs like this. So are seasonal and you can get them free in some cases or abit cheaper but the problem with government based ones is that the stress are usually much and they can be rigged as well to allow only specific persons
When government institutes are not permanent, such things like manipulation tend to happen, to give access to certain people and not to all interested parties. I think this happens in all countries with such free benefit. At least they also have private companies, where the problem is in the high costs.

There are different companies that solely look out for maximising one's potential in one's profession one of such is call nims in my country that is saddled with the responsibility of training managers.

There are different companies that solely look out for maximising one's potential in one's profession one of such is call nims in my country that is saddled with the responsibility of training managers.
it is a very good concept that companies are providing someone to maximizing one's potential. in that way the recruiter will gain more experience and skill, and with time he can be a good employee or manager.

Excellent, this is good news, because as in your country that have the joy of enjoying institutes like this, there are also countries that do not even know this type of benefit for young people.

When government institutes are not permanent, such things like manipulation tend to happen, to give access to certain people and not to all interested parties. I think this happens in all countries with such free benefit. At least they also have private companies, where the problem is in the high costs.
Like you just said, I had the opportunity to do a government job before but we were all dropped due to the pandemic, so many private companies do employ from private business apprentice.

True tho, this is a major problem that little to notting can be done about it right now. Private setups are usually better but as you have concluded, the major problem is the cost

Like you just said, I had the opportunity to do a government job before but we were all dropped due to the pandemic, so many private companies do employ from private business apprentice.
I guess when you did the work for the government, it was from an independent company, I'm sorry you all got fired. And it is true what you describe, it happens in many countries, the fact of hiring private apprentices. In my country they prefer graduates of the INCE Institute.
True tho, this is a major problem that little to notting can be done about it right now. Private setups are usually better but as you have concluded, the major problem is the cost
It is difficult to do something to solve the situation, and when it refers to governmental entities it is unlikely to obtain positive results. The private companies as they do not have government benefits, the expenses to maintain the company with all the necessary implements for the apprentices and the payment to the tutors, increases the cost of the classes given.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds