Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best way to deal with a toxic boss?

D

Deleted member 403

What is the best way to deal with a toxic boss? Dealing with a toxic boss can be hard, whatever industry you work in. Are there any tips on how to deal with a toxic boss in a workplace that the community could give me?

Advertisement Placeholder
Great question, to deal with a toxic boss, I will only make sure I complete tasks meant for me, no extra work and no pity,. I close at the agreed time and resume at the agreed time, what I mean is I will play fully by the rules.

I had the opportunity to work for three years with a very toxic boss. In my case the important thing was to do my work and have everything up to date, so there was no reason for a bad action on his part towards me. When I saw a bad attitude towards my colleagues, I would walk away as far as possible so that it would not affect me, as it affects me to see bad behavior towards other people.

The best way is to change your job but if you are in a situation where you simply cannot easily change jobs, it's best you study your boss, understand what irritates him or triggers him/her then try to avoid those things.

If your workplace has a human resources department then that might be a very good place to begin with.
Depending on your relationship with him you can approach him politely and explain to him exactly how his behaviour affects the way you work.

Dealing with a toxic boss can be so frustrating. You will never satisfy the person no matter how hard you try. So the deal is to play by the organization's and keep bearing until there is an alternative.

Best believe, most things have to do with mentality and mindset, a toxic boss has a toxic mindset and the best way is to have a positive mindset, perform your tasks, neglect the boss extremes and plan how to quit the job as soon as possible

When you have a toxic boss, the best way to deal with such a boss is to avoid him or her, this you can do by making sure that you do what is expected of you.

Its very demoralizing to work with a boss that has a weird attitude. It won't bring the best out such worker, or workers. One needs to work where the boss values his or her input with good demeanor and not being toxic.

What is the best way to deal with a toxic boss? Dealing with a toxic boss can be hard, whatever industry you work in. Are there any tips on how to deal with a toxic boss in a workplace that the community could give me?
The best way to deal with a toxic boss is avoidance , try and do your work up do date, complete your every assignment so as to avoid you and the boss clashing together.

It's tough and I now understand why people are willing to leave their jobs. What I've done is to just focus on my duties, do them well and ignore all else. I know it's a passive solution, but I'm not ready for a confrontation.

When you are having a toxic bossas your boss, you only need to be careful and smart too to stay away from his way or on things you must have already known are his trigger for his bad habits. You must try as possible to go far away from him without any response when he starts to rant again

I had been under a toxic boss who was very cruel to his employees. Even a minor violation like coming in late he would insult the employee. I left the company. It is not good to endure the stress.

I'm sorry, the meaning of toxic boss is not very clear to me. So to answer your question, I would like to know if by "toxic", you mean perhaps: tough, stubborn, arrogant, etc. or something else instead?
Thank you.

Yes, there’s something called “fluffing” .. it can be used on anyone toxic or narcissistic, even a boss. It’s sort of a way to indirectly compliment them without looking fake. Even though it is fake, just to stroke their ego. (This is what they want, at all times.)
Example: After a meeting, no matter what this toxic boss does or says, take him or her aside and say something like, “Thank God you called this meeting today. Your ideas were brilliant. I could never come up with anything like that. But I guess that’s why you’re the boss.” (wink wink) Then give ‘em a smile and walk away.
Most likely, they will say nothing and go about their grouchy ways.
But for the rest of the day they will secretly feel like the king of the world. And they will remember who made them feel that way.
That’s how you fluff a toxic person.
And you can bet they’ll be back for more.

Wherever you will go and work there will be chances of you landing a job with a toxic boss. I agree with you that dealing with a toxic boss is really very very hard. My tip is you can tolerate and ignore the toxic boss. What you hear from one ear just do not let it pass to another ear.

My experience with a toxic boss is that if he is angry, just ignore it, don't take it to our hearts. Anger, harsh words with a high tone toxic boss, listen from the right ear out from the left ear, follow and carry out his will. Take the boss's heart by carrying out the task well and diligently and finally I become the boss's favorite employee.

Dealing with toxic boss are never easy oh they can be very funny and rough with words for example were i recently quit my boss owed me and with what he owed me was still threatening to sack me and was going far to say if not for the person that brought us together but the never montioned how he owed and is still owing me oh.

Retaliating it getting back with words to your toxic boss whenever he is at it again only fuels the situation. You should always say quite and let him finish all his venting of his anger and talk. But see to it that you say nothing

To be candid I really don't think there is any way you can deal with a toxic boss. In order for you not to find yourself in another problem that could turn into a police case the best thing you need to do is to leave the job

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds