Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best business for retired people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abigael

Captain Junkie
Credits
My father will soon retire from his government job. Like many people, he will be retiring at his old age and even though he would still love to earn money, he cannot do anything that requires much energy.

I think the best business for retired and old people should be something that just gives passive income and does not require so much work. Therefore, one should just invest in something like real estate or building rental houses which will earn them passive income each month. I also think that investment should be started when one is still at work then when they retire, the money they invested will continue feeding them while they rest.

What are your thoughts on this?

Advertisement Placeholder
Retried people can get involved in any business, don't they have to be the one physically run it they just invest and supervise, some are agricultural and real estate

If your dad has passion for farming he can delve into it. He can make some feasibility studies on pig farming and see how it works. A lot of investors are making cool cash in that area

There is not a standard age to retire, it depends on him, when he finds himself that's too tired and need rest then it's better to retire because the money isn't everything in this life.

Health is more important ^^

If your dad has passion for farming he can delve into it. He can make some feasibility studies on pig farming and see how it works. A lot of investors are making cool cash in that area
Yeah, that is a great business to delve into. He likes farming and I am sure that it is one of the areas he will delve into.
The paultry business is also a great one. He does not have to do everything himself but I am sure it can be a successful one.

In my opinion, they are free to run any business provided money making is the goal.I mean, they dont have to go through the stress themselves, they can always employ people to work under their supervision.owning a provision store or dealing in any commodity can be good for them.

My mother is retired, until now she lives on her job pension and social security, but it is very important that the elderly, while they can, remain active, which helps them emotionally and financially. And I believe that when supervising any establishment or business, they feel useful, it is not stressful and they help themselves with profits.

For someone that old, Just invest in real estate and register him in a golf club? he should enjoy retirement

My father will soon retire from his government job. Like many people, he will be retiring at his old age and even though he would still love to earn money, he cannot do anything that requires much energy.

I think the best business for retired and old people should be something that just gives passive income and does not require so much work. Therefore, one should just invest in something like real estate or building rental houses which will earn them passive income each month. I also think that investment should be started when one is still at work then when they retire, the money they invested will continue feeding them while they rest.

Retired people have enough experience so they can start any business according to their interest and ease. People have different nature so choice of business depends on the retired person .

He can venture in palm oil business. He needs to get a ware house and sets of drum or gallons for palm oil. He will be buying the palm oil when the price is low and resell the season when oil becomes scarce. Let me know your thought on this

I believe that the age is a state of mind...My husband's grandma is 85 years old and she is the most active person I ever met! So I think that there is no business your father can't get into... The fact that he will be doing something on his own, being useful, contribuing with the society it's goin to give him the energy and the strength! He could even start a forum right here and motivate people and make some money with it!

That will depend if someone invested while still at work. If not, then one can open a small consultancy firm giving advice to young entrepreneurs
[automerge]1606297580[/automerge]
That will depend if someone invested while still at work. If not, then one can open a small consultancy firm giving advice to young entrepreneurs

Tell your dad to put an eye on livestock and agricultural business, because they will give him more time to do other work that also require his services. This type business yield profit over time, especially when you know about it.

I think the right business for retirement is the investment business because we need to realize that at a young age we must be aware that at old age we need to set aside our money for investment and in old age or retirement later it will grow many times over

The business of building houses that would be rent out to people is what is most common among old people in my area. They make a lot of money even after retirement. That's a cool business your father can do.

He can go into transportation business, or build a school, or start an interior store

It depends on how strong he or she is. In general they should consider more of investing in order not to stress theirself too much.

I think retired people should go into small agricultural business because agriculture doesn’t require much capital so start, though can Ben stressful at times but you can get a lot of profit from it

Coaching/Consulting
Just because you’re retired and have left the workforce, it doesn’t mean your knowledge and skills have left as well. Starting a home based coaching or consulting business allows you to profit from your work knowledge and experience. Coaching and consulting can be done completely from home using tools such as online conferencing and Skype. Or you can manage the business-side from home and visit your coaching/consulting clients at their location or a local java joint.
Coaching can be done with private individuals, such as life coaching, or professionals, such as developing success strategies or interview skills.

The plan of business must be done before retire, but the best business for retire man is to invest on estate business or transportation. Therefore, I thought the man would already planned for what to do after retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds