Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best Alternative to Shopify?

According to Google "Shopify is a commerce platform that allows anyone to set up an online store and sell their products. ... Shopify is now the leading commerce platform designed for businesses of all sizes. Whether you sell online, on social media, in store, or out of the trunk of your car, Shopify has you covered."

When I started my e-commerce business, I started on the Shopify platform and it was a Great experience and place, as it thought me all I need to know, it helped to set up my store, design my store and also create my websites.
If you looking for an e-commerce platform, Shopify is the place to go.

So, what other platforms have you tried apart from Shopify, that's also good, please share...
Shopify is a known e-commerce online store that serves middle men mostly who in my own opinion are store owners on AliExpress, Alibaba and their likes. I tend to Wonder how Shopify owners make money when people could as well buy directly cheaper items from the very same Alibaba and AliExpress.

Advertisement Placeholder
Shopify is a platform that creates business websites or online shops for individuals and businesses. Shopify is very popular because of its numerous features and flexibility. However it's downside is price. It's expensive for beginners on budget. I would recommend woocommerce as it's a free flexible plugin you can add to your self hosted WordPress to turn it into an online shop.

Shopify can be very expensive for the newbies because of it monthly subscription. There are lots of alternative for Shopify. Some of them are free and they perform almost the same functions. One of the best alternative is Mangento. Another one is wix, it is easy to use and user friendly. Woocommerce is another good one, and comes with different attractive theme.

I do not know a lot about the online business or the e commerce but I know Amazon and Alibaba are great choice. These shops are well known and provide desired results from their experience if they are contacted.

eBay is another good shopping platform
Shofy is an absolute winner when your tech skills are basic, and you don’t have the resources to hire a web developer. It’s a comprehensive, plug-and-play, feature-rich and scalable platform with a variety of sleek templates.

The best alternative to Shopify for me is definitely woo- commerce, they have almost every other thing Shopify has to offer, from store building to analytics, to email auto response features to installation of Facebook pixel with easy. Woo commerce is what comes close to a Shopify store.

In my country (Philippines), Shopee and Lazada is the best in selling your products online.

You can also try woocommerce . It helps your e-commerce business on WordPress, or add an online store to your existing self-hosted WordPress website e.g blog. Woocommerce provides you with a shopping cart, payment processing, bank-end integration and online store management tools. Woocommerce can be customized with different themes, extensions and pluggings, giving you more options for your online store.

Straight to the point. Here are ssome. Free ecommerce platform. Starter site, embed on existing sites from one inventory system. Shoppable Instagram posts, FB store, Marketplace integrations and works great on mobile! Seamless Upgrades. Lightning Fast. Existing Site Integration.

Wix. Wix is another eCommerce platform that offers a free Shopify alternative. This plan gives you free access to the drag-and-drop site editor to create your online store. You also have dozens of free themes to choose from, eliminating the need to code.
And many more like.
Wix.
BigCommerce.
WooCommerce.
Volusion.
LemonStand.
3dcart.
BigCartel.
Magento.

Shopify is a great place to market your products and/or services. But I have also read very good references of eBay and Amazon, which are recognized and a large percentage of customers go to those sites, in my country there is no access to Shopify, and maybe that happens in other countries, on the contrary Amazon and eBay apparently is worldwide.

I don't think there is a need to use an ecommerce platform like shopify, the price begins from $29 per month, which is very high if you are new to ecommerce business. There are already a lot of open source ecommerce solutions.

I know shopify has an online shop for varieties but I only check it for music,lol. Other options for shopify would be amazon, ali baba, jumia, konga etc, these are all e commerce websites.

I don't think there is a need to use an ecommerce platform like shopify, the price begins from $29 per month, which is very high if you are new to ecommerce business. There are already a lot of open source ecommerce solutions.
Ecommerce sites are kinda expensive when one is aiming to start it up. The domain and hosting, plus other features of it makes it expensive to establish. What what alternative ate you suggesting that is less expensive??

wordpress with woocommerce is the cheapest way to build an ecommerce site. Wordpress and woocommerce are free. Your expenses are only for domain and hosting.

Concerning best alternatives for Shopify. Well, Shopify is a very good online shopping store , based on your country , there are many alternative to Shopify like the likes of eBay , Amazon, Jumia,Konga, and many more . Jumia and Konga are mostly used in my country

wordpress with woocommerce is the cheapest way to build an ecommerce site. Wordpress and woocommerce are free. Your expenses are only for domain and hosting.
For the creation its free, wordpress doesn't charge a fee for using their software to create a website. But the woo-commerce domain and hosting plans can cause more than $600 annually.

woo commerce is developed by wordpress and it does not cost you to use woocommerce. You will have to pay for a domain and hosting. But the cost will be less than $10 for hosting as compared to $29 per month for shopify.

I just recently heard of a platform called gum road but from what I have seen, it is mostly for creative. Gum road is mind blowing because it allows you create a small site using its platform absolutely free of charge and that is very good.

There's lots of other alternatives about but I think it depends on what your aim is. For a business I think you should look at a self hosted version like WordPress + WooCommerce or maybe try Magento. But if you're after a marketplace type of vibe then Amazon, Ebay or even Etsy may work depending on what you're selling.

There's loads of options out there like Squarespace or Wix too, it's just that Shopify is a really solid platform and easy to get started on.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds