Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Beauty salon or Barbers

Excellent @jkk, I was already thinking that this modality was applied in few countries. In fact, on weekends, both the hairdressers and the beauty salon are very visited and I plan to start one of these businesses in the not too distant future. I hope to make a good choice.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think this is common for every place, not just one country. However, Barbers in our country do not like this word, they call themselves as "Hair Dressers" and even describe their shops as Saloon.

I think this is common for every place, not just one country. However, Barbers in our country do not like this word, they call themselves as "Hair Dressers" and even describe their shops as Saloon.
Lol, everyone should be called what ever name that pleases to him or her. Since they preferred hairdressers in your country than barbers, they should be called that way. Here in my country, we call them barbers, and their shop is known as barbershop.

In the case of your country in particular, you only talk about Saloon, I imagine that there is also the Beauty Salon, which is the most profitable? Since I believe that one should be more profitable than the other. And while I complete the capital I continue evaluating which one generates me more profits.

Beauty Parlor - this is the name here for ladies.
And I forget to add, in some places, these barbers use the title of "Professor" for their profession.

This is interesting "Professor" is acceptable, everyone has the freedom to choose a name for their profession and more if it is accepted in the population. There are countries where the title "Professor" is a symbol of reverence and high respect.

But I don't like these illiterates described as professor just because they are professional hair dressers, People use any title.

What is the title in your country?

Yes it is true and it is strange, but in each country the rules are different. In my country there is the Beauty Salon for women and for men there is the Barber Shop. There are also some unisex beauty salons, where anyone can go.

If you are a service provider for a beauty salon or barber shop setting up a barber shop or beauty salon can be lucrative.

I fully understand that it is not a rule, of course it is only my decision, my question is based on which of the businesses is more lucrative since there are options and I would like to receive comments from other members, to make the right decision. I think that in effect, the business of beauty salon or hairdresser, both are lucrative and when you have the possibility to provide the services the profits increase, otherwise you have to hire professionals.

You can do what ever you want, however, make sure you choose a profession that you are knowledgeable about have also have skills. If you cannot cut hair, there is no point in setting up a barbers shop

Exactly so, and although I know how to cut hair, including other skills, it is also necessary to hire staff, as these businesses are very busy with customers on a daily basis and last a long time.

That's what I was referring to. If you are not service provider, you will have to hire workers and you will end up paying most of your earnings to the worker.

Unisex hair care and beauty salons are big business in the UK and more recently nail bars have become very popular amongst women. You can even walk into a chemist shop and get your eyebrows done in some cases. Mobile hairdressers have also become very popular with those who have transport setting up their own business and travelling round to service their customers.

That type of business was getting started before corona, now no one wants outsider professionals to get in their home.

@Yugocean - No of course not now but in England where I live hairdressers and nail bars are set to resume business again on 12th April. There is some confusion over when mobile hairdressers can go back. The rules are not very clear on that score. Many workmen are coming into our homes (plumbers, electricians) and have regular tests so this could be adopted for our mobile hairdressers too.

In my country it is not the similar case, when hairdressers or stylists are hired they earn a percentage of their work, the rest is kept by the owner of the premises. Just like in my country, nails and eyebrows are the order of the day as well as beauty salons. And as you call it mobile hairdressers, they are everywhere and even more so now in the pandemic. Their services are always in demand even with the biosecurity measures.

Mobile hair dressing and beauty service or home hair and beauty service is a concept that is not yet explored in my town. I think there is money to be made by providing hair cut and grooming services at home.

I have often thought about this kind of business where the service provider goes to the client's place and gives hair cut and grooming service. However, I dont have budget to build app.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds