Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Engagement Strategies Are you worried about AI generated content?

For sharing and discussing ways to keep the community active and engaged.

Henrywrites

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
The impact of AI generated content has been a hot topic recently amongst forum owners. While majority kick against the use of AI generated content on their websites, others feel it is no big deal. Where do you stand with this development?

I haven't really seen AI disrupt the forum space, unless you count the uncountable number of people who chose to ask the AI instead of register to a forum.

The best use I've seen on another site is member's asking an AI bot to summarize threads and entire forums to extract key points. Like most other use cases it just made the usage of this forum more efficient, and I can't see a point in creating soulless AI content as a forum strategy.

I'm not worried about AI content as such. I'm more disappointed (but not surprised) by it.

Overall, as an admin, my primary concern with user-generated content is its quality, authenticity, and integrity. If a user is posting content that's informative, non-harmful, honest, and original, the method of its creation is secondary. In fact, AI tools could be beneficial in certain contexts. For instance, an AI that previews a user's post and flags potential inaccuracies could prevent misunderstandings or misinforming others before it even happens.

Regarding the concern of AI 'stealing' content from forums, it's important to recognize that the landscape of online content consumption has already shifted significantly. The era when internet users would frequently read lengthy forum discussions for information has dwindled, largely due to the rise of social media. Could AI exacerbate this shift? Perhaps, but the reality is that the pattern of users joining forums solely to contribute content, especially if they aren't genuinely interested in the community, has already seen a decline. We're navigating a digital environment that's evolving, and part of that means adapting to how AI and new technologies intersect with traditional forms of online interaction.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor