Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are sick employees paid?

This is wickedness. You were right to quit. The employee care about his business more than your life. If one of the employer dies, he'll simply get a replacement and move on. So bad
It must have been harrowing working for such a company. A business organization without regard for it's staff's welfare will always have employees working with low morale and motivation.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my place of work they are very considerate that they are giving paid sick leave to various employees depending on the kind of illness. A woman who is pregnant and needs to be on bed rest can be given the entire period till her delivery.

This is wickedness. You were right to quit. The employee care about his business more than your life. If one of the employer dies, he'll simply get a replacement and move on. So bad

Yes, I am glad that I left that company and now I am working online and I am in a much better condition. When I had an offline job, I always used to remain under pressure. I felt that I am not giving enough time to my life and I have dedicated my life to my job.

Yes, I am glad that I left that company and now I am working online and I am in a much better condition. When I had an offline job, I always used to remain under pressure. I felt that I am not giving enough time to my life and I have dedicated my life to my job.
Unecessary pressure imposed to you by selfish greedy employees just to full their bags. It's good thing you are looking out for yourself other than try to impress them. Sometimes the pay is usually not worth the stress

I understand, all most entrepreneur care about is how they can get their pocket filled up. But this is so sad especially when the employees sickness is as the result of the job
As long as the management is well aware and informed about your health situation they will always have you covered when it comes to paying your salary.

Of course sick employees deserve payments just like every other staff. Sick employees deserve all the support they can get because illnesses are natural and it can happen to anyone.
Yes I agree with you, sick employees are Also paid like every other individual in the business, whereas them feeling sick is not intentional or something that is a matter of choice.

Yes I agree with you, sick employees are Also paid like every other individual in the business, whereas them feeling sick is not intentional or something that is a matter of choice.
Sick employees normally deserve their pay even but most employers do not like paying for the period they were unavailable for duty. In most businesses, they only receive a half pay.

Of course sick employees deserve payments just like every other staff. Sick employees deserve all the support they can get because illnesses are natural and it can happen to anyone.
As long as the worker make sure that he or she informed his superiors that he or she is sick and they give the person an official sick leave the person would definitely be paid.

As long as the management is well aware and informed about your health situation they will always have you covered when it comes to paying your salary.
It's inhumane. I believe a special law sector should be established to look into this situations. It's not acceptable to treat one employee like this. We are all humans

As long as the worker make sure that he or she informed his superiors that he or she is sick and they give the person an official sick leave the person would definitely be paid.
This should be the ideal scenario but unfortunately it doesn't happen like that in most organizations. Some businesses might even be kind not to sack such a worker but they would withhold payment because he hasn't worked.

I'd still pay them if they have been diligent at work and the cause of the sickness is what's beyond their control - say work related stress or the likes.
Though on the overall, I fell it'll be good to pay sick employees to motivate or prove that you care for them.

Well, I think every company, business or employer of labour had the human relations department which caters for the needs of their staffs including making reasonable provisions for them in time when they experience health challenges.

In my country, it is usually the government officials and organisations that pay their employees even when they are sick, but the private organisation do not do such at all. That is why working for government is very important.

In my country, it is usually the government officials and organisations that pay their employees even when they are sick, but the private organisation do not do such at all. That is why working for government is very important.
Some private companies pay employees that fell sick . Most times ,the Small private companies do not pay the staffs that fell sick. In my small business, I pay full salary for Amy staff that fall sick .

Some private companies pay employees that fell sick . Most times ,the Small private companies do not pay the staffs that fell sick. In my small business, I pay full salary for Amy staff that fall sick .
That is very good of you, but some individuals, like you said and private organisations like primary and secondary schools do not usually pay their employees who are not feeling fine.

That is very good of you, but some individuals, like you said and private organisations like primary and secondary schools do not usually pay their employees who are not feeling fine.
That's absolutely wrong and inhumane . It could be termed wickedness. I know couple of companies that treated their staffs with utmost care. The staff welfarism Is very important.

That's absolutely wrong and inhumane . It could be termed wickedness. I know couple of companies that treated their staffs with utmost care. The staff welfarism Is very important.
The fact is that some of the do not care at all, and this is because they believe replacing such employees would not be difficult as there are so many applicants ready to take such jobs.

Different companies around the world usually have different ways in which they see their employees but I think that no matter what it is it is always advisable that you should give sick people they are normally pay. It is particularly and unforeseen events and as such they will even need the money the more to pay for bills.

Sometimes it's depends on the kind of business or work they do. and the organisation they worked with either private or public organisation. some of the private organisation don't pay their workers who are sick depending on the kind of sickness they are into.

When I was working in a public government school , their was a certain teacher that was mentally ill, the government still continue to pay his monthly salary despite his predicament.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds