Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are sick employees paid?

This is too bad. Especially in companies where the workers has high chances to be exposes to harmful substances or injuries. Employees should consider this factor
Most organizations do not really attatch much importance to the welfare of their workers and most workers are usually left on their own whenever they fall sick.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the kind of business. In some business, if you are absent from work, you don't get any pay and off course a sick person cannot be present at work and he/ she won't be paid. This is very bad because anyone can fall sick at any time. People don't pray for sickness.

Most organizations do not really attatch much importance to the welfare of their workers and most workers are usually left on their own whenever they fall sick.
I understand, all most entrepreneur care about is how they can get their pocket filled up. But this is so sad especially when the employees sickness is as the result of the job

I believe that it is only the ideal thing for you to do that you should pay your employees at least up to 3 months of paid sick leave because sickness sometimes is inevitable.

When you're not feeling fit to work as a result of maybe illness or aliment then you will have to take a sick leave and for most of the companies around here, you will get paid always at the month end or whatever intervals your fellow workers do get paid

If they are applying for sick leave ,I believe they should be paid because being sick is not something you can control. it is just something for you to take a few months off to get treatment. So what of people that always Schedule and go on vacation ? They are still paid.
Yeah, once you get your official sick leave, the company will definitely pay your salary to the last penny and even add health allowance for you depending on the company.

Yeah, once you get your official sick leave, the company will definitely pay your salary to the last penny and even add health allowance for you depending on the company.
Those that are working in oil company are Enjoying this because as I understand oil and gas companies are known to pay for health, including that of your family.. do you know of any other companies that might also do this ?

Falling sick in most cases is natural and cannot be stopped entirely. Due to this phenomenon, government jobs still pay their workers but in private sectors, some agencies deduct some little amounts for the number of days the 'sick staff' is away from work while other private sectors still pay completely.
Yes. The public sector still pays their workers who are sick.
The private sector would deduct a small percentage from their salaries based on the number of days the sick worker stayed away.

I believe that employees that are sick I always paid as long as they take their sick leave permission from the company before they retire at their home to take care of their illnesses.

Many companies do not have such kind of policy. I have worked for a company that used to overburden employees and they were treating their employees like slaves. Many ex-employees and people who knew the company also said the same thing about them.

Considering the fact that everyone can fell sick,I am sure government and companies would still pay there employees will are sick.

There are some companies that don't pay employees that are sick but some pays depending on the policies. Some have such insurance that covers that...but I as a CEO, I'll definitely pay. Having the understanding that each of my employees plays a vital role such that their health is important.

Every organisation has rules and regulations that is guiding it and employees should know this before they join. As a human I will always offer my employees paid sick leave up to six months.

I would surely make arrangements for the sick if I owned a business and had employees working for me. Sickness is unforeseeable, so even if I do not pay them their full wage, there should be some allowance for them.

If I happen to have a business of my own where I have workers under me, I would definitely make provisions for the sick. Sickness is not something planned for, so even if I do not pay them the whole salary, there should be a little provision for them.
If the company that you're working for a well informed about your health situation then have everything documented you are definitely going to be paid your full salary and also health benefits payments.

In my country, there are companies that pays sick staffs and others that simply doesn't care. Sick staffs should be paid, must of the staff gets sick in the course of the work

Most of the companies in my city do not pay the sick staff but they might grant leave for a specific time only. When that time period expires, the employee gets suspended. It is a harsh reality. :(

If the company that you're working for a well informed about your health situation then have everything documented you are definitely going to be paid your full salary and also health benefits payments.
What about companies that do not have any from of provisions for these things, I had a friend who works for a company like this, even when sick sometimes, he still has to come to the office.

This is greatly dependent on the policies of the company in the first place. There are some companies that can pay you up to 6 months of paid sick leave. There are some that will not until you recover

Most of the companies in my city do not pay the sick staff but they might grant leave for a specific time only. When that time period expires, the employee gets suspended. It is a harsh reality. :(
All they want is to fill their pocket. They believe paying sick staff is a loss to them, well it's somehow true. But there should strive to be better humans, not everything should be about money

All they want is to fill their pocket. They believe paying sick staff is a loss to them, well it's somehow true. But there should strive to be better humans, not everything should be about money

Some companies do not even grant leave to sick employees. I used to work in a company where they used to suspend employees after three informed leaves. Employees were required to ask for leave and 99 percent of the time, the employer or the manager used to reject that.

Some companies do not even grant leave to sick employees. I used to work in a company where they used to suspend employees after three informed leaves. Employees were required to ask for leave and 99 percent of the time, the employer or the manager used to reject that.
This is wickedness. You were right to quit. The employee care about his business more than your life. If one of the employer dies, he'll simply get a replacement and move on. So bad

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds