Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Approach project management for web development projects?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Project management is the process of planning, organizing, and managing the resources and activities needed to achieve a specific goal. Web development, project management might involve coordinating the work of designers, developers, and other team members to create a new website or update an existing one.

I believe that effective project management is critical for a successful web development project. What do you think are the most important factors for approaching project management for web development projects?

- Setting clear goals and having a good communication between all parties involved.

I and Helena usually use Discord and a combination of the test board itself when we are converting skins to Jcink. Both methods are great communication tools and knowing the designer's clear vision through words can make the coding process a lot easier. She basically gives instructions and I follow them.

* clear goals and expectations
* good communication, clarifying things where necessary
* ideally someone external to the work tracking what work has been done (to avoid the people doing the work also having to manage the total)
* identifying as early as possible if there are blockers or other things that might change the scope/delay the project
* ideally people should own things - so that it's clear who needs to do what, and who's in charge of what at what stage

Clear goals and open communication are key. In my experience, it's also crucial to define a scope of work, prioritize tasks, and use project management tools to keep everyone on track. I use crm with task management. Regular check-ins and adaptability are vital for web development success. Good luck!

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor