Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anyone here ever lost a business to a co-partner?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.

Advertisement Placeholder
Can't say I have experienced such. I reckon it must be devastating especially for the partner who got cheated on. I think that it is important that when you are starting a business, you have a good legal understanding with your partner.

I have not heard or seeing it but I have some movies on the same issue. My advice is just to make sure there is legal backing whenever we want to do some partnership business to prevent this situation.

I haven't experienced such but a family friend did. His bosom friend went behind his back and attracted clients to his new business at the expense of collapsing the joint one he had with him.

Well If i am being completely honest with you concerning if i have ever been duped by a friend before in a business patnership, well i would say no because i haven't been partners with anyone formerly in a business so it's not possible

I have never been backstabbed or lost any business deal with any friend although I always try to be careful and select people I work with and if possible have terms and conditions.

I have not been into business with another person and i hate to go into business with a partner simply because of betrayals alot of people have been betrayed by their co partners for their selfish gains and wishes to have a general control over the business they start as partners.

I think I have never a experience such thing because i have never been in any business with any one, because one need to be careful when selecting partner in business.

That is the one of the reasons why I do not like partnership of any kind with anybody. Partners tends to becomes greedy, selfish and dangerous when the business becomes more successful. Some even go to the extent of killing their partner so as to prevents him from profits sharing.

So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.
The only isssue i witnessed is between a husband and his wife doing a joint business organisation, on the long run ,the wife stylishly took over the company from her husband.

I haven't experienced anything like that but I have heard people that experience such,some have a business idea and try to involve thier friend and at the end it will turn against them some will decide to leave the business for thier Friend whom they share the idea with.

Like i have said before, I do not have a business yet but I am planning on having one. Sometimes people lose their businesses to their core partner because of misunderstanding and sometimes out of greed.

I worry about that too, that's why i wouldn't be going on a partnership with anyone. I never liked such, cos of issues like this which you published.

I am raising my hand on this topic. My business partner was doing something behind my back. I didn't know that he had registered his own business to compete with me. With the help of his niece that was my sales supervisor they pirated our big customers. It really pained me not much for the business but for losing a friend. That guy was my high school chum.

I have never lost a business to a copartner because I have never run a business of partnership with anyone before in all my business experiences in the past and present

Concerning if anyone here ever lost a business to a co-partner . Well, I have never experienced such as I have loyal friends around me though we are humans and our actions at times cannot be predicted. The feeling will be so devastating for people that got cheated on by a friend but we get to move on as times goes on

I have not experienced that but it happens and I've seen and heard of instances like that, that why when starting out a business with a partner one must be careful

Concerning if anyone here ever lost a business to a co-partner . Well, I have never experienced such as I have loyal friends around me though we are humans and our actions at times cannot be predicted. The feeling will be so devastating for people that got cheated on by a friend but we get to move on as times goes on
Have you tried starting a business with a friend then you would understand that money is the root of all evil, lol. But if you are one of the luck ones then you should really be grateful for a friend like that.

This has not happened to me even though I have shut down a couple of businesses due to the losses, my father lost his business to the co partner. His partner bought the business from him

Partnership in any business venture should be based on mutual trust and integrity and when this is not present,it will be a matter of time before things will collapes.Where i once worked,i encounter similar issue,where the founder of the business accused a partner of trying to take the business away from him,which was'nt true,and at the end of the day the partner left the business and the founder later regrets his action.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds