Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anyone here ever lost a business to a co-partner?

So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.
Early this year, i started a video gaming business with a young man, in the first two months i received little payments but afterwarda nothing has come in me.

Now I'm considering asking for part of my initial investment and leave the business for him, I can't continue waiting.

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not always encourage people to go into partnership because of the sad stories that I have heard about it. One of my friends is currently encouraging me to partner with him on his business and we will share the profits together, I declined the idea.
I guess even friends are not excluded because when there is money between them we might see a behavior we have not seen before but still everyone can't be bad partners

We have various of issues like that where one partner betray the other partner due to lack of greed. I have never been involve in any business that turn out like this before. There is a need for any person going into partnerships to sign an agreement (partnership deed).

I don't have any experience of this before because in our business organisation everything is perfectly in organisation and everyone concentrate on their area so this type of thing is not likely to occur, I think this time only occur depending on the business

This has never happened to me because I have never owned a business. However, I have see this happening to the people I know fro my personal life.

So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.
Yes now... sir business, I mean most business started by the communism with a partner, friend, or even colleagues. But some make DYor before staying or taking a step and they were prospered.

I have come across such thing and mine was just only plans,because me and the partner had plans of creating a big business ,but the person went to create it without informing me and cut me out of the project

Personally speaking, i have never had such experience, tho i have seen alot of stories like this and heard alot about it as well. I hope i dont get to experience it my self tho

I have never experienced such a scenario. I guess it can be so devastating when that happens. That is why people are always advised to be really careful when choosing who to partner with in business.

I have never lost a business to a couple partner but I know people who have. The main issue her was lack of trust between the two partners and greediness of one of the partners. In all, we should always do a thorough background check on a potential partner before going into business with him/her.

Loosing a business Rona cofounder is actually a fraud that must have been committed against you by your partner and should be addressed on Court

I have never had such experience before because I only work online, in the online system there is a lot of competition and sometimes there is a possibility of losing your work to another person that is doing the same as you do

I have read about instances where a partner usually becomes dishonest In his dealings and the other would decide to just forget about the business as a whole for the dishonest partner.

Well the fact is I have never lost a business to a copartner because I have actually never run a partnership type of business with anybody before. I run my businesses as a sole business owner
I have never really lost a business with a partner before because I've never actually done a partnership business before but my uncle actually narrated the story of how he lost his business to his partner who has ousted him out of the business.

I have not been stabbed at the back by a business partner before because I like to be thorough before I go into any deal with anyone especially my friends so I don't get backstabbed.

this has never happened before to me because I hardly do business with anyone irrespective of who you are. Some people are usurpers who will seize every opportunity to oust you of your own ideas.

I have never lose any business to a co partner because in our business organisation everything is well organised as everybody is facing their own responsibility as an employee and that is what we are doing, this thing cannot happen here in our business organisation.

Most of my business has always being one that I do without much people in it and I have always been the one controlling it. The few ones I failed to control I was backstabbed

I just can’t imagine how that might really affect the life of the person that is backstabbed.It has never happened to me before because I don’t even own any business with anybody

Personally, I have not had such experience so far and I don't pray to have one though. It would be very painful to this person that has been swindled after putting all the trust in his or business partner. That is why one has to be very careful when going into business partnership with anyone. That is my opinion and contributions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds