Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anyone here ever lost a business to a co-partner?

So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.
This is something that has never happened to me personally however I feel that it is something that does happen more often than we think. Many people are actually driven by money and as a result they are willing to betray a partner in order to get a larger slice of the profit.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well the fact is I have never lost a business to a copartner because I have actually never run a partnership type of business with anybody before. I run my businesses as a sole business owner

I have never lost a business to a co-partner but they have been series of stories of how people lost their business to their partner this is why when starting up a business you must trust your partner because it can be dangerous sometimes then you have betrayal as a partner

It is very important to trust the person you are doing business with. Sometimes out of greed some people go out of agreements and betray our business partners. This is very bad.

It is very important to trust the person you are doing business with. Sometimes out of greed some people go out of agreements and betray our business partners. This is very bad.
Yes I agree with you there's always betrayers in business and most people lost their business to their cool partner but I have never been a victim of that before.

So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.
Yes, this one has happened to me twice in the last two years. We started a very lucrative business together, but my partner was handling it as family business. All the money was going to his pocket. Soon we were broke and had to auction it out. The second time, i did set up a business with my friends, and had a well laid plan, but they were emotionally insecure that i was dominating the business. Since they had the bigger share, we had to close down.
[automerge]1622230377[/automerge]

Yes, last year, before the pandemic our business went down. Since we were financially stressed, i had to sell off all my shares. But mostly because my colleague was untrustworthy with handling money. He failed to pay some important bills, leading us to the financial problems we had.

Last edited:
I haven't really done a partnership with anyone before and so there is no way that I can loose my partnership business to anyone but my brother has lost his business to his partner that they started the business together due to a misunderstanding.

There are two things that can cause us such scenarios. One of them is greed and the other one is lack of seriousness. A greedy co-partner will likely take over the business. Another one is when you are not serious then you will likely lose the business to your partner.

Yeah that happened to me in the past,when I was still doing disk jockey job,so I actually lost the job which was suppose to be giving to me to another disk jockey guy in my area,but is all good tho.

I have never had such experience before because I personally do not work with people in my business and as a result my business arrangement is not something that I can actually lost my work to a co-worker in anyway, everything is just organise.

I have never been backstabbed or lost any business deal with any friend although I always try to be careful and select people I work with and if possible have terms and conditions.
I've never been involved in a partnership business before and besides, this is what I've always been telling people to be very careful of whoever they want to partner with in business. We've heard of a business partner that killed his partner before so as to be the owner of everything.

I've never been involved in a partnership business before and besides, this is what I've always been telling people to be very careful of whoever they want to partner with in business. We've heard of a business partner that killed his partner before so as to be the owner of everything.
That's why it's good to be very careful and read between the lines because I believe one doesn't just wake up and decide to kill his friend or business partner there must have been some series of events and change in behaviors a little.

I’ve never had a business of my own before and I don’t think I’ve ever been thinking of any business idea in mind before but I don’t really like the idea of sharing a business with a friend

I do not have a business and as a result of this I've never lost any business to a co-worker and most of the business I am doing is a private and personal business, it is a skill that you are called to do in the field or at home. There is no possibility of losing it to a co-worker here.

No, I haven't lost my business. This is because I would prefer to be the only owner of my business and never form partnership with anyone. I might form partnership if the other person is trust worthy and if the situation compels me to form a partnership. But mostly I would like to be the only owner of my business.

I have not experienced that but it happens and I've seen and heard of instances like that, that why when starting out a business with a partner one must be careful
To be sincere, it is not really advisable to starts a business with a partner though it is not totally wrong to do so but extra caution must be taken before doing so. Partners tends to get jealous and dangerous when business starts to make more profits and get bigger. I have never experienced it before but I have read and heard about cases like that in the past.

To be sincere, it is not really advisable to starts a business with a partner though it is not totally wrong to do so but extra caution must be taken before doing so. Partners tends to get jealous and dangerous when business starts to make more profits and get bigger. I have never experienced it before but I have read and heard about cases like that in the past.
It's the bad people thats giving humanity a bad image, partnership should be a good thing but unfortunately lots of people run from it because they know and have heard stories

It's the bad people thats giving humanity a bad image, partnership should be a good thing but unfortunately lots of people run from it because they know and have heard stories
I do not always encourage people to go into partnership because of the sad stories that I have heard about it. One of my friends is currently encouraging me to partner with him on his business and we will share the profits together, I declined the idea.

Like i have said before, I do not have a business yet but I am planning on having one. Sometimes people lose their businesses to their core partner because of misunderstanding and sometimes out of greed.
Anyway, I don't do partnership business and I've never tried it before, so it is unlikely for me to lose a business into the hand of a co-parner. Even most of the times when I have a deal with people outside my business I always make sure we make our terms and conditions clear.

I always advise people to trust the kind of people they are doing business with. I have personally never lost my business to a co partner and I don't think it would happen.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds