Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

💬 Platform Discussion Zetaboards (2 Viewers)

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.
That would be awesome and one of the other primary reasons I wanted to see an app for forum software, for push notifications.
And if you have an Android device this is already possible, near enough out of the box, on XenForo by using the PWA feature. It's not a "real" native app but you get push notifications. I believe IPS has something similar.

This will be possible for iPhone too once Apple makes it possible to do browser notifications like you can on Android... no actual app required because it's just JavaScript being run in the background.

Well, the client part, sure, but you need something on the server to actually trigger the notifications - and that you're not doing in the client side in JavaScript.

I have not used Zeta boards. Never been into hosted forums. It is a bit too much for me. There is less control over the content and database. And if they close overnight, we are doomed.

I think Nicola was the primary cause of it all, but there were multiple people that contributed. I and Nicola bashed heads in the past a few times.
Wow, now that's a username I haven't heard in a while. I never got to know Nicola but he/she was very motivational when I first started designing.

For some reason the banner here just mystified me when this design was launched.

Wow, now that's a username I haven't heard in a while. I never got to know Nicola but he/she was very motivational when I first started designing.

For some reason the banner here just mystified me when this design was launched.
She may have been motivational in the design field, but she bumped heads with a lot of people, which led to her ultimate demise of being fired from the official support board.

I have that skin converted to Jcink on my board when Sarah and Delirium converted it.

Definitely, I was also stunned at the time. I loved it. Even used the released version at one point on a forum.

Zeta boards was f* awesome. So many cool forums used it. If you wanted inspiration, you could look no further.

It’s an absolute shame that Tapatalk bought it. They butchered it when they switched software to their own. Now all the forums are devoid of creativity.

I had moved onto other self-hosted software by the time InvisionFree became ZetaBoards, but I hung around a few forums that I had joined back in the day. I was not a big fan of ZetaBoards and felt like it was a regression from InvisionFree, which imo was the peak of free hosted forums.

Man, this style is so good. We really lost something when we decided to flatten and simplify everything.

Jcink is great as an option still, but yeah I too miss Zetaboards... so many memories of using it!

It’s funny how deeply rooted the software of Jcink is in my brain. I can blindly find all settings when I’m on Cory’s forum for example, even if it was a while that I visited.

That's one argument I find interesting and also confusing; a lot of the RP folks tell me they don't want to entertain the idea of going to some other software because they'll have to learn something, but the majority of the sites they're already on are *so* customised and skinned, that you kinda have to relearn it anyway because profile customisation is a thing.

Zeta boards was f* awesome. So many cool forums used it. If you wanted inspiration, you could look no further.
Exactly. So many forums I had joined back then. I am not the same person I was back then nowadays. I went under a few different usernames which I don't remember.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor