Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Your mobile vs desktop visitors?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Tracy

Royal member
Credits
Currently.. on my VERY niche site it's running about 70% desktop, 29% mobile and the remainder tablet.

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 8.16.15 AM.png

Probably for my niche..thats not going to be that abnormal... as most visitors interested in astrophotography/astronomy will be visiting from the systems that they actually do their processing from, other than the occasional "check ins".

To break it down even more specifically as to "device model".

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 8.20.09 AM.png

And then into the OS of the users.

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 8.21.53 AM.png

Do you find for your niche you have a higher incidence of mobile visitors or desktop?
Do you try to "tailer" your interface to what the majority of your visitors are?

I find mobile being a little over half of the visitors on sites that I run.

However, 10 or 15 years ago, the mobile number was smaller but only increases with time.

The lesson here is to FULLY optimize for mobile meaning mobile should have just as many features as desktop versions. Because eventually, it'll all be mobile.

More on Moblie I do see lately but IPS support it - Yet does your theme do?
XF has easily supported mobile for awhile.. in fact, it supported it better than IPS 4.3 did whenI was running IPS (and it was NOT theme specific).

Only about 25% of my users use mobile for my site.. but a lot of that has to do with the niche.

I wouldn't know how people access my forum. Nonetheless, my forum is mobile ready. Well, I'm assuming most people are using cellphones, but I could be wrong.

How can I see what devices people are using?

I wouldn't know how people access my forum. Nonetheless, my forum is mobile ready. Well, I'm assuming most people are using cellphones, but I could be wrong.

How can I see what devices people are using?
google analytics its probably the easiest way.

I find most my visitors are from mobile as well, I also have used mobile almost exclusively for a long time due to lack of a decent computer, This is my first forum post from a computer in over 5 years lol.

My mobile has dropped a bit, but desktop has gone up. But again, for the niche... that's somewhat normal. Frequently while you are sitting around doing the captures (which many have automated systems to do this with) you are connected to the headless unit via a desktop/laptop.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest