Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

XMB Software

Credits
Have you ever heard of XMB forum software before? It's a pretty old software that was abandoned by the original developers in 2008 but has recently been picked up by another person in 2018. It's interesting, since the software has two separate admin usergroups those being the Super Admininstrator group which has the same permissions as any typical Admin group on other forum platforms. (Literally the ability to do whatever to the forum.) Administrators can moderate all forums and has access to nearly all of the administration panel. The only functions of the administration panel they cannot access is the Upgrade section. They also cannot read other members' u2u inboxes, or edit other members' profiles. Anyways, I've used it before just to try it out and it's really showing it's age. You can read more about the software here.

Advertisement Placeholder
First thing I noticed is that it’s not mobile friendly. Nowadays this is key to have a successful forum. Other than that it’s indeed still giving me 2008-vibes. So I don’t think it’s a good move to proceed with this software. If your expectations are low, then go for it. Could be useful for someone out there. But there are far better forum scripts to choose from.

Another to add to the test rig pile! :D

lol The last I used it I think was 1.0 or 1.05.

Posted on 09/20/2022 by admin lottos in the XMB 2.0 topic:
Being realistic:

- the mainstay xmb developer and maintainer has already signaled no further main releases so I reckon he's out
- doubtful any other forked projects devs would come at it
- some recent forum admins have promised much, delivered nix
- given the time that would be required, even getting 3 people on board would surprise
So I don't see it going forward at all.

lol The last I used it I think was 1.0 or 1.05.

Posted on 09/20/2022 by admin lottos in the XMB 2.0 topic:

So I don't see it going forward at all.
Well I guess it's pretty much dead. :V In 2008 the project was pretty much abandoned, and looks like it might suffer that same fate again. There was even someone hosting free XMB hosting a year or two ago, but it's already shut down so I don't think it even lasted an entire year.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds