Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Which forum software has the best Admin Panel?

I remember going from Invisionfree to Zetaboards.... Zetaboards was AMAZING. Now I've liked Xenforo but it took me time to navigate. MyBB was pretty easy to navigate as well.
One of the big things in XF that gets overlooked (and helps a lot) is the ACP search function. As long as you know the general term of what you are looking for (usually at least one major word) it's easy to find the setting you want.

One of the big things in XF that gets overlooked (and helps a lot) is the ACP search function. As long as you know the general term of what you are looking for (usually at least one major word) it's easy to find the setting you want.
That does help quite a bit! I just remember going from Zetaboards to Xenforo it felt like a big change at the time.

That does help quite a bit! I just remember going from Zetaboards to Xenforo it felt like a big change at the time.
When I purchased IPS (4.3) I remember hating the ACP because features/functions that I was used to (finer detail items) were not available in it. Was frustrating at times.
I like the new SMF ACP, but it still takes me back to "old school" in some ways.

I'm a XenForo guy, but I have to admit that the IP.Boards have a better admin panel then XenForo.
The navigation of XenForo admin side is kinda annoying. (It was actually better in 1.x)

I know - I use it all the time. I’m glad it’s there because the XF admin panel is overwhelming at times. Especially when you have a few add ons installed. I always have to figure out the permissions system, it’s so overly complicated compared to Invision.

I know - I use it all the time. I’m glad it’s there because the XF admin panel is overwhelming at times. Especially when you have a few add ons installed. I always have to figure out the permissions system, it’s so overly complicated compared to Invision.
Yes, the permissions sets are more complicated than IPS... but once you get used to XF's cumulative/additive permission sets you discover how much more powerful it actually is (I can only compare to the 4.3 version if IPS). But that power comes with complexity.... especially when you start adding promotions or subscriptions into play.
So many are used to having singular groups for each thing, then trying to figure out how to get specific banners applied based upon those promotions or subscriptions using the XF process can cause one to pull hair out of their head. But once grasped, most like it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor