Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

💬 Platform Discussion Forumotion forum software

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.

The Raven

Credits
Okay, let's talk about Forumotion from my own personal experience. I started using Forumotion software more than a decade ago and my experiences had changed. At the time I was a teenager forums were super popular and even so in my native language (now there is none Forumotion forum in my native language). People used to be so hyped, share stories, talk of different topics.. Also, there were forums which made skins for other Forumotion forums for free. I look at those times with nostalgy in my heart because it was the best age for forums.

Now, it's not that there are no more forumotion forum users, there are. Most of them are French because Forumotion head office is from France. But numbers are dwindling.

Let's go with technical aspect of this software. My experiences told me it is pretty good when it comes to design. You are able to redesign forum with such design it is better than xenForo if you are good and coding. I was in shock to learn some themes are actually Forumotion. But, as I said, it requires top knot front end development knowledge.
When it comes to plugins, there are virtually none! You must make your own js scripts which may cause the forum to load slower. Some parts of the forum cannot be altered because data is made by PHP (server side) and you have no access to it.

Now, paid stuff. You can buy 2 packages (first one is free) where you will have some benefits such as storage for member uploading files, webhooks, disabling adds, public and private chat channels etc. You can also purchase a domain com,net,org of your choice.

But, the biggest downside of Forumotion software is that your forum is actually THEIR forum. Database is on their servers and you will never get it even if you want to move to another forum software. You are stuck with them.

Anyone had experience with Forutmoion in the past?

I've not used their software to set up a real site. I've only setup a test site. Anyway, I have been on Forumotion forums and it seems like a cool way to set up a forum for someone who is just out to have a good time. Well, at least, it's mobile friendly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor