Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’¬ Platform Discussion XenForo 2.3 preview

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.
You could have said nothing and it wouldn't have changed the point of anything I'd said. We've all heard it all before, nothing has changed.

You could have said nothing and it wouldn't have changed the point of anything I'd said. We've all heard it all before, nothing has changed.
Of course, we all know you are the final say in all things reasonable with scripts and the final say in what words mean.

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Last edited:
Finally you’ve recognised my rightful place in the universe. My work here is done!

Github GraphQL.... Need I say more?

GraphQL is usually a way to introduce a lot of complexity for little benefit to the maintainer, just for apparent convenience for the consumers who inevitably misuse the endpoints like REST anyway.

No no, you can keep him. 🤣

Just curious, can you explain for the non technical people?
GraphQL is a way of letting the client specify what data it wants from an API.

In a forum context, let’s say I have an endpoint that provides topics. In GraphQL I could just say “give me the list of topic titles in a board”, or reframe it to “give me the list of topics in a board plus the first post, plus the details of the topic starter”.

This seems very flexible and notionally cuts down the amount of data over the network, but in practice produces a lot of headaches for the API designer, not least performance, because they can’t entirely predict what a client will ask for.

Worse, though, practically everyone treats GraphQL like it’s a REST endpoint: you get what you get and that’s that, and if you need extra info that’s another round trip (rather than expanding the one request to get extra data), meaning that for a lot of uses, it’s the worst possible outcome for everyone.

No no, you can keep him.
Don't worry... for the Astro site it would never happen because IPS doesn't offer what I require for extending it, and even Pages doubtfully has that ability.
Now, for the other sites.... yep, I could easily get Pages to work for them as it's not as complicated.
And as I said, I honestly don't know if I want to waste money on scripts for domains that are just of marginal interest right now and were more "playgrounds" to get exposure to stuff.

Seems that 2.3 beta is out.
Announcement:

Seems that 2.3 beta is out.
As many bugs as they have, I'd be hesitant of running on a live site. Might be OK to play with on a development site.
Didn't someone make a post over there about the gigantic increase in the outstanding bug reports numbers recently?
(as I go check again).... well, looks like that thread got moderated and posts calling stuff like that out appears to have been removed.
But 22 pages of listed bug reports (with maybe 2 pages worth having 3rd party or cannot reproduce comments and that only dealing with the core and not importers or 1st party add-ons) dating back to 2019 is quite a few open bug reports.

As many bugs as they have, I'd be hesitant of running on a live site. Might be OK to play with on a development site.
Didn't someone make a post over there about the gigantic increase in the outstanding bug reports numbers recently?
(as I go check again).... well, looks like that thread got moderated and posts calling stuff like that out appears to have been removed.
But 22 pages of listed bug reports (with maybe 2 pages worth having 3rd party or cannot reproduce comments and that only dealing with the core and not importers or 1st party add-ons) dating back to 2019 is quite a few open bug reports.
What's obvious is that some fanboys will not see the problem there, lol.

What's obvious is that some fanboys will not see the problem there, lol.
Nope... they will simply be overly aroused by seeing 2.3 of some flavor being released. It's been so long since they released a "major" release that used a BETA (4 years approximately) I'm sure the fanbois are slavering.
Also, just checked and there roughly 80 more open bug reports (as reported in the appropriate location) on XFMG, XFRM and XFES. I won't even go into the open suggestion numbers for the script and 1st party add-ons. Other bugs get commented on in some of the normal discussion threads but never moved over into the bug report area by staff or a new bug report entered in the appropriate area.
So roughly... around 500 open bug reports dealing with their script and 1st party add-ons. Granted, all those may not be valid bugs.. but they are OPEN bug reports.

The answer is... yes

:ROFLMAO:

But honestly, I can see it referenced as both from a grammatically correct point of view. They are conversations that contain direct messages. But it would be rather confusing for many. Settling on one thing would be best.
But it is similar to how a conversation between people contain vocalizations (direct messages) from each one.

Just curious, what was the release like for 2.2 or 2.1?

IPS was very rough with their releases in the early days (I distinctly remember releases like 4.0.19.4!), but it definitely got better as the product line hit 4.2 and 4.3.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor