Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you trust someone to be a co-admin?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
I have had a blog where I had other writers to write posts and articles but I could never 100% trust them to co-own the blog with me. They were just the writers. As forum owners, would you give someone the opportunity to become a co-admin or would you rather stay the only admin and keep the other person as just a moderator or staff member?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would only give someone the position of co-admin if I know them in real life. If things go wrong I can always settle my arguments with them in reality, rather than bantering online, verbal words mean a lot more than typed ones.

I've heard a story about a member who ran an RPG forum, he gave someone the position of co-admin. The person who took the position, responsibility, and the special permissions destroyed the website overnight. The forum was compromised and it experienced intermittent downtime. A majority of the members left, others strived to investigate what had really happened between the owner and the co-admin. True story is, after the hijack of the forum, the real owner had their login credentials modified. He had no access to the server or acp (admin control panel). All i can say is, be sure you don't end up giving the wrong person the keys to your forum.

Yes- there are a few people that I have known online for a while now that I would trust to co-own sites with me. @xpl0iter and I co-own holderhost (we each hold 50% of the shares in the registered holderhost LTD). It works well as we each bring different skills. :)

There aren't many people I trust enough to give them administrative permissions and even with some of 'em I'd really think it through, because I've been burned before.

There aren't many people I trust enough to give them administrative permissions and even with some of 'em I'd really think it through, because I've been burned before.
You have been burned by trusting someone? I feel like that would make a really cool and interesting story haha.

Trust needs to be earned for sure. Two years ago when I made my general discussion forum I hired an Admin and I didn't know a thing about him/her. Luckily, this new Admin was dedicated and not a troll like most newly hired Admins. But other than my experience, I am never trusting someone new again. Trust needs time to build.

If they seem trusted to me, why not? I am willing to take risks if I believe you are trusted and I can trust you.

I may trust someone to be my co-admin only if the person is very well known. I normally do not work with people who I do not know well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds