Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you rehire a former staff who resigned?

Credits
There's always a time when a staff will resign from working on your forum for one reason or another. Whatever might be the case, do you always leave an open door back in the staff team for any former staff who left the job?

Personally, it's going to depend on the reason why they left in the first place. If it's something they couldn't control, I will let them in if there's still a spot for them.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are some staff who are simply toxic to the community and shouldn't be rehired. There are others who might have done bad things when they were teenagers and grew up, so give them a chance. Then there are the ones who resign repeatedly for various reasons, hire them with the knowledge they might not stick around once again. Of course, you have your members who have done none of those things and they're always welcome to reapply.

It really depends on the staff member themselves. A good staff member who departed and then wanted to return would be likely to get back into the role, but a poor staff member would not. Of course, the overall staff count may play a role in this as well and why they resigned could also be a factor. Overall, it is very much a case-by-case item.

It really depends on why the team member resigned in the first place. Sometimes life gets in the way and things get too busy for the member to be as active on the forums. So if they are able to find the time to help the forum out, then I'd rehire them if that's the reason why they resigned in the first place. If they feel that they weren't comfortable in their previous role, I'd see if they would like to take on another role and see if that's a better fit for them. If they resign again, I won't rehire them at this point though.

If they left under bad terms, I would likely not rehire them, but if they left on good terms, I would probably gladly rehire them. If it's just one of those life got too busy, I'm having computer problems, I'm burnt out on forums, etc. kind of thing then I see no reason not to rehire them. If they left on bad terms where they were rude to the staff, were toxic towards the community, kept arguing about their disagreements with everyone, etc. then I would have to put that into consideration when re-hiring them or not. They may need to prove to themselves that they've changed as a contributing member first.

It depends, for me. If they left on good terms, then sure, when we have a spot open up, they'd get priority access back in. If they did something bad though, not likely for at least a year.

Provided that the reason for their resignation has gone, yes.

If they resigned because of something they were busy with that's now over and done with, or it was because of bad behaviour that they grew out of, then sure.

If they left on good terms and bring something to the community then yes I would bring them back. If they left on bad terms - then no, I likely would not rehire. Bad terms could look like being they spammed the forum, argued with staff/members, etc. If someone disappeared for a bit and got demoted, but returned and was active for at least a week I would reconsider hiring them again. I get that people get busy, and especially if they are apologetic for it too - because you never know what happens in their real lives!

Bad terms could look like being they spammed the forum, argued with staff/members, etc.
In which cases you may ban them like you would a regular member,right? Personally? I don't believe staff should be immune from following rules, in facgt they should be held to higher standards and be demoted if rules are broken (and disciplined like any other member)

In which cases you may ban them like you would a regular member,right? Personally? I don't believe staff should be immune from following rules, in facgt they should be held to higher standards and be demoted if rules are broken (and disciplined like any other member)
Typically they would be warned just like members, proceed to do it again and depending on the degree would get kicked off the team and may get banned depending on what is happening. Would hopefully have conversations first to see if something is perhaps going on in their lives.

Typically they would be warned just like members, proceed to do it again and depending on the degree would get kicked off the team and may get banned depending on what is happening. Would hopefully have conversations first to see if something is perhaps going on in their lives.
Yeah that’s what I mean.
Regarding convos, I think it’s important to separate friendships and moderation

Depends, I have one person that's always welcome back ;) and he left since his real life took over him and has no time left to be dealing with forums. I would say those staff members that you had to let go would not end up back on the list again.
Oh of course, it’s unlikely for an employer to take back an employee they fired. If they resigned, surely it depends on the reason and their dedication to the role as of now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds