Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever sell your business to a rival or competitor?

Well like the saying goes, everyone has a price,if I'm offered a deal of a lifetime and the person could be lucky that I don't have passion for that business then obviously I don't have anything to loose

Advertisement Placeholder
Write your reply...would you ever sell your business to rival or a competitor well there are so many instances of rival or competing company been taken over by one of the competitor. This is because the price is very good and the consolation that the business is in good hands
I would never sell off my company to rival unless if I see that that business does not have any little form of potential of becoming successful. This is because whatever I started would never feel as I must have done a lot of research before I will start it up.

I would never sell off my company to rival unless if I see that that business does not have any little form of potential of becoming successful. This is because whatever I started would never feel as I must have done a lot of research before I will start it up.
You have some point there though, if you have tried everything possible and still no good results, then you can let the business go. But like i said before, if your rival wants to buy your business, which means there is potential in it.

No one can never see my business to a rival competitor but most people can do if they really need the money and want to go into other business.
Why would you enter into a business if you don't intend to stay in it and grow.
I mean that's the first step to starting an online or offline business.
You got to look at the business and ask yourself, do you i see myself being at this in the next 2 -5 years to come.

So I think anyone that sells their business to a competitor either doesn't know what their doing or is easily fooled by money or is seriously in need of money at the moment.

Would you ever sell off your business to a rival or competitor? Maybe they are offering you the best deal you ever saw, and it would make your life good until the day you die. But, on the other hand, you're selling your business to a competitor who may have been a rival with you at one point.

Would you still sell if your rival was awful? I honestly don't know what I would do. What would you do?
Hmm... It depends on the business potential, most competitors always want to bring down other competitors that are threat to them in future. If the business is potential I won't sell it no matter wat they offer.

I will never sell my business to my rival because it's like losing the rivalry to him but i will sell it to someone that i don't even know my business.
[automerge]1630651150[/automerge]
O Will not unless the condition is critical that that's the only way out because it's something it took my years and consistency to built.

I would never sell my business to my competitor for any reason even if the business is bankrupt. My competitor offering to buy my business only means I am a threat to my competitor's business and they are looking for every means possible to take me out of the picture. I will continue to grow my business and improve my business strategies than sell it off.
You can send your business to a competitor doesn't matter it is just a business deal and a competitor is not an enemy so it is possible.

Provided that the business is progressing , I do not see any reason for me to sell the business. I need to work towards being able to improve the business by carrying out all necessary actions

Am never doing that, the fact they want to buy you off means that you could beat them, at some point I guess.
But the point they is no way I would sell off my business just because a competitor offered me thousands, or even millions for it, I ain't selling.

You have some point there though, if you have tried everything possible and still no good results, then you can let the business go. But like i said before, if your rival wants to buy your business, which means there is potential in it.
There is too much sense in what you just said because arrival would not want to buy your business if he or she has not seen the huge potential that your business present to him or her so even if my business was doing badly before and a competitor expressed his willingness to purchase the business I will definitely not sell the business to him.

I really don't think I can ever sell off Business to a rival or competitor. The only thing that can make me do that is if I'm relocating abroad with my family and nobody will there to monitor it for me
Very nice answer. Indeed if you are going abroad with your family, then it is good to sell the business to your competitor because you are not there anymore to monitor the business you have started out.

Very nice answer. Indeed if you are going abroad with your family, then it is good to sell the business to your competitor because you are not there anymore to monitor the business you have started out.
Well as for me I wouldn't advocate anyone to sign of any business that they have started up because if your competitor and becoming quite interested in your business that means in business as a lot of potential so therefore we should cut short her trip to any and all that you want to go to and stay to manage your business.

There is too much sense in what you just said because arrival would not want to buy your business if he or she has not seen the huge potential that your business present to him or her so even if my business was doing badly before and a competitor expressed his willingness to purchase the business I will definitely not sell the business to him.
Exactly, no one would want to buy a liability to themselves. If they do not see it as a threat to them and also something with good potential, they would not want to buy it.

If I have strong reasons to believe that I can no longer manage a business on my own I will definitely sell it to somebody even if it's a competitor that can manage it.

For me to sell my brand to a competitor then the money involved is a very huge one and more so I must be tired of the work and doesn't seen a great future for the brand intended to be sold again. That's just it.

I cannot really sell me business for any competitor unless the reason why I can sell my business for anything unless I really want to relocate to elsewhere.

Exactly, no one would want to buy a liability to themselves. If they do not see it as a threat to them and also something with good potential, they would not want to buy it.
This is the reason why I would never sell of any of my property that attract buyers because when someone is interested in buying your property no matter how bad you think that property is then definitely they have seen potential in your property.

Once in a while we find ourselves in a tight corner relating to lack of money and we need to do something urgent about it. In this case selling off your business is not a bad idea especially if the situation is urgent and has benefits and it is the only source to get money at the moment. It is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

When it comes to letting go of a business, I think the issue of rivalry do not play again. When you sell it off ,you would be out of the business and that doesn't make you a rival anymore. You could sell your to a rival or competitor provided that he fulfilled the requirements.

The most important thing that I will consider whenever I want to sell my business is if I am going to be selling it to perceive the capable hands.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds